I BEGAN A WEBSITE

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Just letting you know I began a website about my local bottles about two weeks ago...The url is under my siggy below.
Wanted to warn you there will be pop-ups > I had to agree to allow those as it is a free site. Once I get it all established and figure out what the heck I'm doing and how to do it, I'll upgrade to a site without pop-ups and more webspace...(of course, this will require me paying out some monies[:mad:] )
Right now I'm still feeling my way around...changing text or pics, etc...adding pages. It's a work in progress.[;)]

Oh...MEECH tells me it's a never-ending work..ut oh.[&:]

Comments appreciated....[:D]

bearswede

Reaction score
I really like your site, Charlie!!! We need more of this kind of thing in our hobby... Just glad you've got the interest and drive needed to provide it...

I see you finally arrived at the "Battle of Hastings"... Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Ron

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Thanks Guys...

RON....seeking the history behind a bottle is about the same as probing for a pit: it's exciting to "dig in" and see what's there. Perhaps even prove a theory or establish a correlation...
IE:...for a long time I wondered about & suspected a connection between the St.Andrews bottles and the St. Josephs (Gerstle Med.Co. Bottles)...( the companies were too close together for there not to be, even though one was begun after the other had relocated to Chattanooga)...It was thrilling to locate an article establishing Andrews had worked there before moving on to Bristol & starting his own company.

"Battle of Hastings?"

MATT...which one is that? (screwed up)...

bearswede

Reaction score
The number of posts you had when you started this thread was 1066... The year of the Battle of Hastings, when Duke William of Normandy sealed his conquest of England...

Ron

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Thanks WARREN...

RON...oh, that's interesting. Wonder when I'll reach when Columbus discovered America? LOL.
Battle of Concord? Surrender at Appomattox?
Amusing what connections one can see in numbers, eh?[;)]

Believe it or not: when in Junior High & High School, I hated History. Rekkin' I'm a late bloomer...HA!

Caretaker maine

Reaction score
nice site, my wife builds them, been asking her to teach me she finally said ok after 10 years, might start one this weekend, we got high speed now so that's why, she does all her work at work, now we can do it here, I'll load it with stuff like this haha, dug this dragged it for a little while and left it, I know where it is if I want it[:)]

Qo40379.jpg

Attachments

• Qo40379.jpg
    Qo40379.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 59

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohib