I can't believe I found one!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Wow! Nice day diving for me. I ran some errands and picked up my tanks from both hydrostatic and visual inspections. Cost me over $116 on the way. We were getting a late start, so we needed to hustle to get two tanks in.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
The bad news is that one of my tanks was bone dry. Not one pound of pressure in it. (This could be dangerous if you just sank and didn't check it). So, for tank two, I just sat and watched. But I was so happy from tank one - I guess it didn't matter too much.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Now before I start telling this tale, I didn't know what to title this thread. I thought "I finally got one" sounded good, but you never know if you are ever going to get a certain bottle, so it is a bit presumptuous to assume that you were going to get one all along. Plus, for some of you guys, you might be expecting a puce eagle or something and I honestly can't say that I've found that (yet[;)]).

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
In addition, the 'I can't believe' title sounds like I have no confidence in my abilities. I know I have good scuba skills - but there is the matter of luck. Sometimes, you just gotta put yourself in the position to get lucky, and I guess I did today.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Before we went under, My dive buddy Tom and I tried to set reasonable expectations that we might actually be able to achieve. Tom thought that a blob beer would be nice. And that wasn't asking too much. I was hoping for a hutch. We definitely did not set our sights too high. We both could easily land those bottles if we were in a decent spot and had a little luck.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.