I found a Toyota diving today

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sandchip

Reaction score
Good job, Bram! Down here, I'm afraid they'd let you hook it up for them, then arrest you for illegal artifact hunting!

brokenshovel

Reaction score
"Once the car was out of the river, Hoyt and other fire personnel used tools to bust open the doors and trunk of the car. Both the interior and of the car and the trunk were filled with mud. The driver's side windows of the car were open, but the passenger side was closed."

Duh.

Okay maybe the door mechanism was rusted but it does read funny

It's like when someone's key-chain remote will not work and they cant figure out how to open the door.....

Poison_Us

Reaction score
"The passerby, whose identity was not obtained by Foster's before he left the area, assisted the towing crew by donning scuba gear and hooking the towing cables to the car."

OH OH OH, I know who it was! [sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Cool story.[&:]

logueb

Reaction score
"Once the car was out of the river, Hoyt and other fire personnel used tools to bust open the doors and trunk of the car. Both the interior and of the car and the trunk were filled with mud. The driver's side windows of the car were open, but the passenger side was closed."

I'm quite sure the door mechanisms were rusted to the point that they would not work. Hey Bram, did they use the "Jaws of Life" or similar tools to open the doors and trunk? You never get enough practice using those tools, and it's not like you are going to damage the car anyway. They had to let the mud out. Buster the Fire Chief.

BillinMo

Reaction score
Gee, on CSI they never have to deal with tons of mud or eels...

That's a cool story. Is that your head sticking up out of the water in the second photo at the bottom of the page?

morbious_fod

Reaction score
This story reminds me of the 1965-66 Falcon that was permanently fused into the bank of a local creek near where I grew up. I always assumed that it was a car that had gotten washed down there by the floods that were common place in the area. Most likely the 1977 flood. It was beat all to pieces, but you could tell what it was and ascertain it's burgundy color. It could also have been the victim of a common practice in the area of using cars as filler to build up level yards, in this case a road, in the mountainous area of Drill, VA where level ground is not the norm.

I love lost and found car stories like that. Or for that matter hidden boats and other vessels that the locals never knew was there only to be discovered by some passerby.

swizzle

Reaction score
The closest I can come to a story like that was when I was fishing. There's a steep hill with a sharp corner and a short straight away to the spillway I was fishing at. This car was doing about 70 down the hill and tapped his brakes, slide the car sideways and went right through the guard rail. The only thing sticking out was the very top of the windshield and the very end of the hood. The guy climbed out, swam over to a dock and caught a ride over to the local campground where he was picked up by the cops an hour later. Fast cars and alcohol does weird stuff like that. Swiz

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hi DownEastDigger,
Obviously, a lot could be said here but I'll just say two words. Thank You.

Fenndango

Reaction score
I found a car upsidedown in the river diving down by the RR bridge in Millville MA and the cops were like maybe we'll use the site at a future training. I don't think they ever did.

Newtothiss

Reaction score
Rookie mistake...
Unless I am 1000% legally obligated to, I don't report anything.

I've found lots of cars and potential (some probable) crime scenes, but no human remains..

The cops will only cause a headache and waste time (best case).

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973