I found this bottle and need help identifying

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Leon,
You're way too cool for this school! I believe our guys drank it up there. Thanks for the flashback.:cool: --Len
PS- If you back up the offerings one click there is another Tang ad featuring cartoon moon people. However, I don't remember grape Tang in my neck of the woods back in the day. --L

Last edited:

UnderMiner

Reaction score
Apparently Tang actually was used by the US space program during the Mercury missions in the early 1960's. The misconception is that the drink was specifically designed for the space program when in reality it was just one of several consumer drinks selected for eating experiments. In 2013 astronaut John Glen stated, "Tang sucks. I can't speak for the other flights, but before Apollo 11, the three of us dutifully sampled the orange drink, supposedly Tang, and instead chose a grapefruit-orange mixture as our citrus drink."

Reactions: Len

Semar

Reaction score
Back before we drilled a new well because too much iron in the old one; we used tang to remove rust stains from the inside of our dishwasher. Probably would have worked on bottles with rust stains; do they still make the stuff?

MM43

Reaction score
Semar, they do still make Tang. I came across it on the Sam's Club website today.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Somehow I doubt the 3 liter (approx.) size glass embossed pitcher with the orange lid is still available..

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen