I Pray to God this is Original Paint...get it!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jeoverb1

Reaction score
I would love to get some opinions on if you think This might be original paint or if someone has done a modern re painting. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
Screenshot_20200131-112738_OfferUp.jpg
Screenshot_20200131-112755_OfferUp.jpg
Screenshot_20200131-112821_OfferUp.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

welderfitter0001

Reaction score
Hello - Nice Bottle ,Unfortunately that was clearly painted on by someone.Have seen Numerous numbers of those bottles in the past,and None of them had any paint on them !...............Ken

jeoverb1

Reaction score
Im not saying its OG but they had gold paint on them originally. I have seen several of this same bottle with gold paint its just that usually theres very little left

jeoverb1

Reaction score
I guess its possible that multiple people all decided to paint this same bottle lettering gold but seems unlikely

jeoverb1

Reaction score
In fact if you were going to make that reverse embossing you would only do it if you were going to paint it because it only gives the desired visual effect if painted

jeoverb1

Reaction score
You can see it best in the H O Y E and R on front and all of the back really well. Also the wood effect on the cross. If you look at the ones where all the paint is gone there is no cool 3D effect. I doubt they would go through the trouble of giving them that trait/effect if they didnt intend on using it. It is an interesting shade of gold paint. If I had to give that shade a name. I'd call it Catholic Church Gold. So again, it may not be OG but if not the person that painted it picked the EXACT color that I would bet was on it originally

Last edited:

shotdwn

Reaction score
In fact if you were going to make that reverse embossing you would only do it if you were going to paint it because it only gives the desired visual effect if painted

If that is the case then why did Dr. Pepper make debossed soda bottle? They had no intention of painting the letters.

jeoverb1

Reaction score
Not the fact that its debossed. The style of the debossing. The sharp edges that create the look of shadows. Its only works with a solid background. When its clear you cant see the sharp detailed edges and it negates the primary feature of that font which is to create a look of depth and shadow. Same for the woodgrain on cross. Nearly invisible until painted. These people were professionals would they have done a bunch of extra work doing a specific style of art that creates a certain look and then not do the one thing required to actually see the design they chose to use.
Its like if you buy a smart tv, smart fridge, smart coffee maker and Nest cameras. Then after you buy all of that you dont bother to get wifi. The one thing required to take advantage of the stuff you spent extra money to get. If you didn't plan on getting Wi-Fi you would have just gotten a regular refrigerator and a regular coffee maker and a regular TV.

jeoverb1

Reaction score
And again for the record I'm not saying this is original paint. I am saying it was originally painted. Wether this is that paint or not idk. What are these geniuses? I came here for knowledgeable people about this subject. How is it Ive been here 5 minutes and it seems like the most knowledgeable person might be me. Or at least the person with the most common sense
Screenshot_20200131-195921_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20200131-195927_Google.jpg

jeoverb1

Reaction score
As old as these things are do you think there were tons of people in the twenties or thirties with metallic gold hobby paint just sitting on their shelves. I doubt it. I think they were spending their money on...trying to not die

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal