I Swore I'd Stop Collecting

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Miccac

Reaction score

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    444.7 KB · Views: 60

KCROB

Reaction score
Yes, that is what pushed me over the edge with this bottle.
They're not very rare, but it appealed to the sailor in me.
"Haze grey and under way" (appeals?) to all the sailors of the fleet. Fun bottles to have and proudly display!

Tom Byrne

Reaction score
FULL CIRCLE

Bottles were my first collecting addiction. Then I got interested in Joseph Conrad's novels which took me to the far east and the cultures that made up those places. I got interested in the antique swords, spears and daggers of those countries. After I had filled my empty spaces on walls with those things I moved on to the American school of marine painters and accumulated a whole bunch of oil paintings, enough to fill the walls of two houses. Recently my interest in switchblades was re-kindled and I started collecting those.
Now I've found this place God help me!!

After I croak there will be one hell of a yard sale!

Is there a collectors anonymous I can join somewhere?
Right there with you - bottles, then indian artifacts, then coins, breweriana, and tons of books on these topics too. I'm in the middle of packing everything to move..... ugh. When you step back and look at rooms filled with moving boxes, you have to wonder if you should "just stop."

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I'll remind everybody of the obvious. This is America. You aren't breaking any laws by what you collect, and you aren't hurting anyone. You have the means. If it brings you happiness, great! God bless us all. :cool:

P.S.- Now if you'll excuse me I have to clear paths in my basement so the oil guy can change the tank filter and service the furnace. It seems there are boxes containing glass items in them. Heard some "clinking" when the animals were chasing each other around the other day and one bounced into them. Wonder what's inside?;)...

Last edited:

Semar

Reaction score
We even went so far as to call GOT JUNK.
One day and a K later we had cut the disposables by half which left at least some paths for us through the boxes of the good stuff.

I'm wondering if I have some Bower Bird DNA in my genetic mix. :eek:

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Semar is correct. GOT JUNK is muy exspentivo! Some of their trucks are over sized golf carts. --"Cute but can't fight" a collector's massive numbers unless they call for help and form a "cute convoy.":rolleyes:

Semar

Reaction score
Yep, keep your wits about you and pay constant attention.
Avoid the 'take no prisoners' attitude or you might end up sending stuff you may have wanted to keep to the dump or thrift store.
Everything has value to someone even if not to you.

Reactions: Len

Miccac

Reaction score
How often do you dust them?
About every 5 days , I do nt use anything but a soft cloth and a clean dusting rag, NO POLISHES!!! And a lot of TLC. I absolutely love my bottles !!!!!

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
My display area is small. I still love those that are there, although there are many contenders to such a spot. I used to dust seasonally but now only as needed. Yes, I have final say over when that is and please don't ask for a pic.:rolleyes:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen