I thought we told this seller what he had in September.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
I am not trying to pick on this guy but.....Back around September 19th this forum member VirginaDigger had an auction on eBay and was unsure as to what he had. He posed a question on this bottle forum and asked for our opinions. Just by the mere fact he came to us for help tells me he couldn't trust his own judgement on the flask so he sought help from persons who may have superior knowledge on the subject, and we gave him that information rather quickly.

Here is his initial post to us.........
https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-550614/mpage-1/key-/tm.htm And here is the question he asked of us: Does any of the repros have a pontil scar? Its clear and bust of washington & reverse has an eagle at the bottom near the heel. lip leans to the side a good bit. Here is the intial auction............

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200822055022?nma=true&si=%2FKDDVgeuYT3cme5Xdiw1Nyxr%2Bys%3D&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2557&orig_cvip=true

This is the description he had with the flask when he listed it originally on September 19th: Nice Historical Flask in excellent condition, Has bust of Washington on front & an Eagle on the back near the bottom, Lip sits sideways & pontil mark on bottom. Some whilting and air bubbles in glass
It has a blue tint if the run hits it right.
Bottle stands right at 7 1/2" Tall
Very thin glass but free of any chips or cracks
Any questions fill free to ask, ill be glad to help.

These are questions asked of him by potential bidders during the 7 day auction on the initial listing on the 20th of September
Sep 20, 2012 Q: Could you be a bit more specific about the embossing, especially the words and dates (?) that are embossed around Washington. Also the height. Thanx.
A: quart stands right at 7 1/2" tall. Has the dates 1732 & 1799 on it.

Sep 20, 2012 Q: Is this flask a quart or pint? What is the McKearin Number? Thanks CEH
A: Its quart and have I no clue what # it is couldnt another one & I looked at 100s of pictures.

HE HAD HIS ANSWER AS TO WHAT HE HAD ON THE 19TH of SEPTEMBER at this forum.I gave it to him with pictures and the rest of you who chimed in agreed,yet he failed to inform the two people who inquired as to what he truly had.

And now he is listing it again http://www.ebay.com/itm/George-Washington-Clear-Thin-Glass-Bottle-Flask-Eagle-Pontil-/200839795283?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec2fc1253

Here is the latest description..... Nice Flask in excellent condition, Has bust of Washington on front & an Eagle on the back near the bottom, Lip sits sideways & pontil mark on bottom. Some whilting and air bubbles in glass
It has a blue tint if the run hits it right.
Bottle stands right at 7 1/2" Tall
Very thin glass but free of any chips or cracks
Any questions fill free to ask, ill be glad to help.
My reserch has came up with nothing on this one.
Big bottle collectors have never seen this one.

Here is what I said back in the initial post........ It is a commemorative flask. I have never seen this one just the screw top one that is embossed 1732 George Washington 1932. This one look's like it says 1732 George Washington 1799. Here is the picture from the listing. It is a very good looking flask.

Just man up and start the flask at 20.00 dollars it really is one of the best looking reproduction era flasks I have ever seen minus the pontil mark.JUST explain it properly and HONESTLY as to what it is. The Damn thing will sell if he does that hell Ill open the bidding at twenty dollars if he does it

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen