I wanted to share this with yall

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GeorgiaVol

Reaction score
Im glad you all enjoyed it, I was a little nervous about posting it. You never know how some people will react, but I felt led to share it so I did as I was told. As far as what comes out of difficult times, I like to believe the bad times help us TRULY appreciate the good times. Otherwise we would just be spoiled with nothing but good times.

cordilleran

Reaction score
Somewhere in the Great American Southwest
Stardust:

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger ... or doesn't. Nobody said life was an equal opportunity employer. Bottom line, some folks get a heap of feces time and again. Sometimes we wonder is it all worth the trouble. I am a strong man in many ways. But I reserve the right to get teary eyed daily. I am not saddened by the path my life has taken, I am saddened by the ways others go, not knowing the immense sadness they will acccumulate through their actions. I feel immense grief for babies who have no control over the outcome of their deplorable environments for I am the father of all children. I am saddened by the fact that people do not learn from their mistakes. I am saddened by the circus-like atmosphere of celebrity and fame. I am humbled by the person of long-suffering who still has the humanity to offer a kind word. In such contradictory times we are faced with few options. There remains only one action. We must live our lives to the fullest, the most full measure being true to our convictions of rightiousness. Now, more than ever, we must be vigilant and circumspect. We must avoid selfish preconceptions. Daily, you have the opportunity to touch people's lives positively as you do. This is the blessing of life. The weary person hardstruck from adversity closes his eyes and his life to others. The blessed person despite adversity casts off the selfishness, the "I" in favor of the selfless "You". Now we have a community including "I" and "U". I will tell you that I have been demoralized countless times. With a weaker fiber an alternative path would have seemed the easier solution. But as survivors and veterans we owe it to our maker to take this wisdom and somehow make a positive difference. Hang tight, kid. It all comes out in the final wash. You are not alone. Never were you alone.

Angelpeace

Reaction score
Cordilleran what kind words. I hope that you are truly blessed in your life.
On a bottle related note. Recently my high school best friend past away. We had lost touch over the years, but it didn't stop the hurt I felt when I learned of her passing days after the funeral. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye. The other day I was riding through town and noticed signs for an estate sale. Well, Jamie has taught me that you just don't pass those by so I headed in that direction. Turned out to be the estate of my dearly departed friend. As I walked through her childhood home looking for some small token I might purchase to keep her memory alive for me the tears began to rise. I could recall where ever stick of furniture had been, every little knick knack. When I walked into her old bedroom my eyes immediatly fell on the item I would be taking home----a blue bottle. It wasn't that old, but it was a Wheaton. For some reason I kinda like those Wheaton bottles. It sits on my mantle now. Jamie says his bottles on the shelf like it, but just don't feel it's worthy to have a home with them. The people conducting the sale and I talked and I also came home with a beautiful picture of my friend. That one I got for FREE. Lesson here: If someone has meant a lot to you, even if you have lost touch, find them and tell them so. You never know when that chance will be gone and how much you will regret the things not said.
Peace.

Stardust

Reaction score
THIS SONG ALSO HOLDS A PLACE IN MY HEART. The day I had to put my white angel dog down, on the was to the vet this song came on and and valadated to me to that my little angle would soon be up in heaven. I had made the right decision.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen