Identification $$ Help Please! Pics

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LuckyOperator

Reaction score
Hello folks, I have had these bottles for quite a while now. I am a Operating Engineer and dig things up like these all the time. I have at least 2x this amount, but these were the most interesting looking, i figured i would start off with them. For the most part I would just like a little info if you have any...How much they are worth mainly :) I included what is on the bottles below to help. Thank you in advance!

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

I have a book which lists this bottle in a 7in and 7.5in ones worth $300 the other $420, the colors listed in the book do not match the one i have though.

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

LEFT TO RIGHT

1. Burnett's - Cocoaine - Boston
2. Injection Brou - 102 Rue Richelieu - Paris
3. John Wyeth & Bro
4. No Idea
5. Bourne & Son - Denby Pottery - London
6. DrCummincs - Vecetine
7. Purex - 2 full quarts
8. Clorox
9. Bromo - Seltzer - Emerson Drug Co. - Balitmore
10. Pure Olive Oil
11. No Idea
12. M.Cronan - 230k Street - Sacramento
13. Swaim's - Panacea - Philad

Thanks!

bearswede

Reaction score
Hey, Robert...

Can you give us a photo of the base of the Swaim's?

Thanks,

Ron

PS... Welcome to the forum!!

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Robert, All those Purex,Clorox, Bromo and the like are very comon and worth $1 to $3. The ginger beers {pottery beer bottles} run all kind of prices depending on whats stamped or printed on them but I have seen unmarked ones sale for $10. Thw Wyeth bottles go for about $5 with out the top and $10 with the top. The funny little two tone pottery bottle, if I am right about the odd top, is a barber bottle. I could tell with a close up off the top. The two pottery inks and the rest you will have to get from the Gurus of each type or comb Ebay and the books.

If your planing to sell I would be interested in the in the barber bottle.

LuckyOperator

Reaction score
Hey guyz, thanks for the quick reply!

Here are some more photos. The bottom of the swaims and some of the others that i have in the garage and laying around the house. [:D]

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

As soon as I get organized and figure out what some of these are they will be going on ebay. You guyz will be the first to know. I will post in this thread and in the auction forum below.

Thanks agian guyz.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
bert...

Nice finds you got there... The Swaim's is probably one of your better ones...It's great to be able to find some of these bottles while you're at work, isn't it???

Hey Ron, ya want to see the bottom of my Swaim's???Sticky ball pontil, I believe, with a nice chunk of glass hanging on the bottom!!

Wayne

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Robert, Be aware that just because its old doesen't mean it valuable. It has to be old, rare and sought after. If you do your home work you will be able to tell what to sale and what to chunk out. Study whats unusual, pontil bottoms, embossing, style, color and the like. It wont take long to get a handle on it and thats what causes you to get the bottle disease.[&:]Surf Ebay and the internet. Some of the folks on this forum will buy some of them out right if you want to save some time.[:)]

And remember, A bottle is only worth what some one is willing to pay for it.[8|]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Robert, just a minor addition to the value thing. It doesn't need to be that old. The post about the Repro Kelly's Old Cabin Bitters shows that.
Let's add newer, unusual and sought after and not forget... condition, condition, condition.

amblypygi

Reaction score
The smooth-based Swaim's is definitely your best find, probably good for $150 or so on ebay assuming there are no cracks hiding in there. The higher numbers you mention are for the pontiled versions. Some nice finds there, you should definitely do some hand digging around where the older ones came from.

Sean

LuckyOperator

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies. I will take everything into consideration.

Mostof the bottles are dirty. I have a pressure washer, would it be alright to use on the more sturdy glass bottles? Or should everything be hand washed? Is water even okay to wash these with? I will do a search on the forum also, so unless there any special precautions you might not need to post.

Thanks!!!

Robert

bearswede

Reaction score
Hey Ron, ya want to see the bottom of my Swaim's???Sticky ball pontil, I believe, with a nice chunk of glass hanging on the bottom!!

Naw, Wayne... I've already seen your bottom... Didn't think it was THAT sticky tho...

ROR...

Ron

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960