Idiots Break Rare Bottle to Get to Message Inside

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

UnderMiner

Reaction score
0_edinburgh-messagebottle.jpg

A plumber found a 19th century whiskey flask in the floor with a note in it. Instead of carefully taking the note out, the house's owners smashed it to pieces. The note referenced the bottle in its writing stating the men had laid down the floor in 1887 but they did not drink the whiskey from the bottle.

20221121_194429.jpg

The note reads:
"James Ritchie and John Grieve laid this floor, but they did not drink the whisky. October 6th 1887. Who ever finds this bottle may think our dust is blowing along the road."

Full story

hemihampton

Reaction score
Well, They did try Pliers & Tweezers first but that method started tearing & ripping the note. She did say she felt bad breaking the Bottle. The good news is the Bottle looked like a Slick anyways, LOL. LEON.

UnderMiner

Reaction score
Well, They did try Pliers & Tweezers first but that method started tearing & ripping the note. She did say she felt bad breaking the Bottle. The good news is the Bottle looked like a Slick anyways, LOL. LEON.

The note next to the intact bottle with a photo of it in the floor would have made an amazing display. Couple this with the known history of the two men who put it there and they would have had a very valuable exhibit for their home. Shame they were so impatient and careless. If anything this is an excellent lesson in teaching people the value of patience and forethought before brash actions.

Also I didn't know they also tore the note, that makes me even more upset. Like bulls in a china shop these people, smh.

sandchip

Reaction score
People do beat all I've seen sometimes. So unnecessary.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky