If you want a lot of easy 50s bottles -

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
The title of this forum says exchange ideas or whatever so here is what i do. I am not a hardcore digger...I happened onto this hobby because of one thing.....Fishing....I fish at a river and I swear i will be just walking or driving along a few miles out in the middle of nowhere and...wait, whats that? its a crap-ton of bottles thats what! All the bottles i find on land are around the early 50s to early 60s, but there never any digging at all...they were all dumped right there for your taking 50 + years ago. In the river however, you can find anything. I put on my waders and go fishing, and find islands....good for fishing and bottle city...Those can get reaaaaallllllllly old..Often times no one has ever set foot on the islands, and things that people tossed in however many years ago gets washed onto them....Especially after a rain it uncovers alot. I found 14 hobbleskirt coke bottles from 1928-1957, a 7 up bottle, 3 masons rootbeer bottles, and 3 perfect glass stoppers all on one tiny island. The on-land spots usually stand out because of abandoned cars. I find those a lot too. Every single bottle dump I've been too has a car there too. (makes me wonder havent these people heard of trash pickup and a wrecker! haha). Sometimes i only find cars, as recent as 1989...I pull the parts from the engine and body I can off and sell them on ebay....I have posted a station wagon saw in the woods and then found out it was a bottle dump. Also an 89 blazer i found by itself. The moral of the story is....GO FISHING haha. And do it quickly! People are clearing land for business all the time....Where that station wagon was was a special spot for me.....It was one place i felt i could go where no one else has been for who knows how long.....and now its all gone! about 15 miles now cleared for businesses....Land is dissapearing, enjoy it while you can!....Also at this same place I stumbled onto a graveyard from the 1800s. Not on the registry of cemetaries or anything.....You can happen onto some great history if you go exploring...If your driving and you see a huge wooded area off to the side....go check it out. If you actually read through all of this, i congratulate you hahahahaha thanks - Jon

Qn38139.jpg

Attachments

• Qn38139.jpg
    Qn38139.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 69

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
2 gravestones of about 40 (as early as died 1815)

Wu59819.jpg

Attachments

• Wu59819.jpg
    Wu59819.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 66

Mainepontil

Reaction score
Thats how I got into bottle digging as a kid. Finding all the dumps while fishing.

I like the abandoned car idea, it's amazing what sells on ebay. I know where tons are, time to start taking the small parts i guess.

What state are you in? Must be east coast, New York or New England. Gravestones that early do not turn up anywhere else.

Joel

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
Actually, I am in Indiana. Just north of indianapolis....crazy, huh? Here's another....Either this boy was 11 years old or 11 months old i cant tell but either one is crazy!

Bz77350.jpg

Attachments

• Bz77350.jpg
    Bz77350.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 65

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
wow, actually on a closer look this boy was only 11 months, 3 days old.....thats really sad...

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
I think the earliest gravestone here may be indian.....take a look for yourself

Db84706.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator