I'm another NEWBIE needing help please!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

susieincedarhill

Reaction score
Hi. This is my first time here. I have just started collecting old bottles and I found a nice bottle and would like help identifying it please. It looks like light green glass. It has 4 types of raised fruit on the glass (cherries, grapes, apples & Pears)..it is 7 & 3/4" tall, the lip is 1.75" wide, the bottle is 4" across and 3.25" across the bottom. On the bottom "Canada" and the number "10" is raised. I have attached a photo. And I checked the seam and it does go up to the top of the bottle, including the lip. Thanks for any help I get. I'm looking forward to reading as many posts as I can to learn all about bottles and appreciate all you experts out there helping folks like me!

437E3790D9EC462FA3B86DEB5B336D5C.jpg

Attachments

• 437E3790D9EC462FA3B86DEB5B336D5C.jpg
    437E3790D9EC462FA3B86DEB5B336D5C.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 61

susieincedarhill

Reaction score
Oh. I was just reading some other posts and saw one about the number on the bottom. Mine has the number 10, and since the seam goes all the way up, does that mean it was made in 1910? This is such a lovely bottle. I gotta figure out how to get the cork out of it, or should I? Everyone on this site sure seems helpful. I am looking forward to educating myself on the Bottle World! Thanks all!

appliedlips

Reaction score
Susie,

From the looks of the lip,I would guess this is a modern bottle made to look old.Hope this helps,Welcome to the Forum.

susieincedarhill

Reaction score
Well thank you for the info. It sure is a pretty bottle. I think I should clean it up a bit, it's pretty dirty inside. Any advise on getting that cork out? My husband came up with a few ideas but I thought I'd ask my new friends at antique bottles.net first. Anybody? Hey, this is an awsome web site..I think I need to get one of those cool t-shirts!

jamus

Reaction score
A corkscrew perhaps? or maybe break the cork and take it out in pieces.

marjorie040

Reaction score
Hi Susie,
You are correct....it IS a very pretty bottle, and it's the first in your collection, so that makes it valuable on two counts!!
Welcome to the forum!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75