I'm recovering...but have bottle fever.....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

woodswalker

Reaction score
Hey everyone just thought I'd drop in today and fill you in with an update...I've had the first of my 2 surgeries July 27th I had 3-4 lumps removed from my under arm....results came in yesterday that they are cancer free!! Just had a minor set back with extreme pain due to lymphatic fluid built up almost to the size of a baseball..the draining needle pokes really hurt but all is well now with that...What nasty gross things you learn when you start getting old!!!
Had consultation with second surgeon today and she has me in for surgery next Tuesday at 10am....I have three layers of possible cancerous cells...hope fully nothings broke thru those layers!!!!

I miss digging for bottles and can't wait to get back out there...Hope you all have been making some awesome finds and enjoying your summer....

Thanks
Manda~

swizzle

Reaction score
The bottles can wait. Take care of yourself first. One way to get better is to think of yourself as already being healthy. Your body is an amazing thing and is capable of much more then you ever thought possible. Get well soon and I'm looking forward to seeing your next dozen or so bitters bottles from your new dump. Swiz [:)]

woodswalker

Reaction score
Well I just walked to the yard sale next door and they have another little pitcher with a pontil on the bottom, crackeled look to the glass and it's yellow...I have them saving that for till I get out later to the bank!!! Also purchased another tea set that i believe is hand made...all it has is initials on it...I'll post some pics after I get the pitcher later!!!
Also the have a mason jar over there price at 12$...I think it's embossed with the word queen if i'm remembering right and says Boston on the bottom....I'm going to look at it again when i go back I don't know if its worth that much....so I'm gonna try and look it up.....

I'm just tired of being at home all the time!!! and I'm just getting better and have to have another surgery done Tuesday[&:] Darn it.....I just talked myself into taking a walk on the beach....maybe I can find some one to carry my rocks if I have more than my 10 lb restriction!! lol

Manda~

swizzle

Reaction score
Keep smiling and being as positive as you can. Take care and try to find lighter rocks for now. [:)] Swiz

woodswalker

Reaction score
Awww thank you...I went down there yesterday and fortunately Rich another rock buddy was down there...we searched together a bit and he was nice enough to carry my bag plus his up the bluff....which is quite steep....
I know he had to have had a good 50 pounds already in his back pack...I woulda fell backwards down the hill lol with all that weight on my back....
Manda~

woodswalker

Reaction score
Thanks woody...I think someone already said that on the thread I had started for that....Someone actually did buy it tho....whether they gave that price I have no idea....they probably went home and thought they had a prize and then looked it up on line and realized they got ripped off a few dollars to many[&:]

Stardust

Reaction score
Manda still thinking of you and said some prayer right now for you. I've had some setbacks and not really been checking in as I should. I just L@@K FOR THE GIFT in each and every day. Count my blessings where they are.There is so much good and wonderful people all around us. Send me your home address I have something I want to send you, only if you want to give it out.

Get Well,
<3,
star~* keep reaching for the stars

woodswalker

Reaction score
Thanks Stardust...I've been doing ok...had to move spur of the moment and things are a bit crazy for me right now.....
I got a new apartment now by myself....I will pm you my address...

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles