Independent Brewing Co. of Pittsburgh??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

emsmith2481

Reaction score
I have a bottle that I found in a creek that ran through an old dump, seam doesn't go all the way to the top. It is brown in color and has a stamp on the bottom (large) reading "BICo." Anyone have any additional info?

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
reading "BICo
Welcome aboard.
Is it monogram IBCo (Independent Brewing Co). I found advertizing from NY to WA so They either weren't all that independant or just un-original in choosing a name.[:D]
I'd like to add it my research I'd appreciate a picture of the mark. Thanks

xpadigger

Reaction score
Good morning, all!

I had to check on this one first - the IBC of Pittsburgh was formed in 1905 by 15 small brewering companies in the greater Pgh area, and I think it was headquartered in New Kensington, PA. the IBC became the second largest brewing interest in the region, second only to the Pittsburgh Brewing Company. the IBC was eventually taken over by the Duquesne Brewing Company, no longer in business.

Because of the company birthdate and Pittsburgh is spelled with the "h", it is possible this bottle was produced sometime after 1910, IMO.

Of course, the closer to the "Steeler Nation' you get, the more common these bottles become!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles