Information on an old bitters bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

embossedman

Reaction score
I found an old bitters bottle in an attic about 30 years ago. It is about 13 inches tall and is a beautiful amethyst color. It is embossed with Royal Italian Bitters on the front. I saw where one on ebay exactly like mine went for nearly $1400 dollars about six years ago. I cannot find any information on this bottle and would greatly appreciate anyone's input.

Poison_Us

Reaction score

embossedman

Reaction score
Yes, that was me. I remember trying to sell the bottle back then. I actually had a few takers but I changed my mind. I still would love to find some info on the bottle.

Thanks

Topusmc

Reaction score
There have been a few sold at Auction in colorations of Medium Grape Amethyst-pink amethyst-purple amethyst nothing really dark.
Last sale i have noted is 03/2005 Glassworks for $1,568 so would expect the price to higher now. Taken from Mitchell Price Guide 2008

LC

Reaction score
I have never seen ir heard of a Royal Italian Bitters before . Could you post a picture of it , I would like to be able to see it . Thanks .

embossedman

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: L C

I have never seen ir heard of a Royal Italian Bitters before . Could you post a picture of it , I would like to be able to see it . Thanks .
Yesterday was my first day on this forum and I am not sure how to post a picture but I can try. If you go to one of the addresses on the above post by Poison us, it will show you a picture. This is probably one of the prettitest bottles I have ever seen

LC

Reaction score
Hello Mike and thanks for the reply . I never caught the post concerning pictures . I went and looked and found it . Sure is a nice bottle . I'll bet you are tickled to death to own one of them , I sure would be .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause