Inside stains won't come off?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AlexD

Reaction score
IMG_6472_zpsa3ff5fcb.jpg

There's these foggy stains inside this bottle that WILL NOT come off [8|] I've tried CLR and Copper pellets, Barkeeper's Friend, even soaking in Rust remover, and they won't budge. They appear in small patches like normal stains yet seem to be a lot thicker. Any ideas besides Tumbling? [sm=rolleyes.gif]

T

Reaction score
nothing that i no of will take it out ,i have tried bout every thing ,thanks glenn

ILUV2DIG

Reaction score
A good tumble will clean that one right up[;)]

dw3000

Reaction score
Did you see this guy's method?

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/It-works-for-me-!!!--cleaning-bottles-!!/m-604612/tm.htm

andy volkerts

Reaction score
So, Just tumble the inside, it is way easier than doing the outside. course, only if you have a tumbler. just put in the copper shot, water and whatever you use as a cleaning agent/polish, cork the bottle and stuff it into a tube with rags, no need for stopples just turn the machine on and you are good to go, do it all the time............

T D

Reaction score
So, Just tumble the inside, it is way easier than doing the outside. course, only if you have a tumbler. just put in the copper shot, water and whatever you use as a cleaning agent/polish, cork the bottle and stuff it into a tube with rags, no need for stopples just turn the machine on and you are good to go, do it all the time............

I agree.

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Hey ALEXD, You pay to ship your bottle to me, I will clean your bottle for free !!!! All you have to do is pay the shipping both ways. Kevin......

AlexD

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lblackvelvet

Hey ALEXD, You pay to ship your bottle to me, I will clean your bottle for free !!!! All you have to do is pay the shipping both ways. Kevin......

I'd like to try out your method myself actually. What kind of compound do you use, is there a name for it?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75