Insulators for sale..

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlecol345

Reaction score
I didnt mean to be rude when making my last post. I am an insulator collector and have been collecting for 4 years now, with well over 7000 insulators, and thought you might like my imput on your prices. Im not the only one that cant get more than a dollar for COMMON insulators.

-Chris

saint76

Reaction score
It's funny how you come to a post board and people try to put salt on whatever you do. Your right you can post whatever you want. Sure your trying to be helpful, but to who. Someone reads your post and their decision is made up for them already. Whether I found a fish or not, its all gravy. I may never be the "Super Member" you are, but a buck is a buck.

<edited><No personal remarks please - Admin>

JGUIS

Reaction score
Like I said, I was trying to help. I read your post and thought, huh, that's what I did. Bought a box of insulators at a yardsale, and thought I'd make a few bucks on them. Then I found out through the smart people here that I had a bunch of common stuff that MOST people wouldn't pay more than 2 bucks for, especially after the 6 bucks shipping is tacked on. And they didn't, course I don't fish. And, not that it has anything to do with it, but I'm labeled by the site as a super member. It's because I ask so many questions to the fine folks here, some may get sick of it, but that's why the site is here. To learn, selling between friends is just a perk.[;)]

piratemom

Reaction score
goddness boys I almost hate to ask a ? here but I am going to brave the fishing waters and ask my stuip ? I found some of these things at a junk store I didn't buy them but i would like to know what thier used for and what is desirable in them the ones i seen looked like they where ment to twist on to some thing one was embossed with a bird? sorry about my lack of knowlage what i got to know. thanks

Bixel

Reaction score
Oh my my. Insulators were used on the tops of Telegraph, telephone and electrical poles to help insulator the wire from the pole. The early insulators had a smooth "pin hole" and were stuck onto the pin using burlap and pin tar. In the 1870s, they came up with threads so they would screw onto pins, thus resulting on the insulator not being about to pop off the pin. Many people ask me what makes them so facinating, but think of it like this. Telegraph was the first form of electronic communication, which later lead to telephone. Telephone led to the internet, and so without telegraph, I would probably not be posting this today.,......

Kyle.

if anybody has any questions, dont hesitate to email me...

piratemom

Reaction score
kyle I know I emailed you but I wanted to post this pic for you to look at. Thanks

BE2B3DA2A9484874A580D6E5D3633294.jpg

Attachments

• BE2B3DA2A9484874A580D6E5D3633294.jpg
    BE2B3DA2A9484874A580D6E5D3633294.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 62

piratemom

Reaction score
of coruse you know that is the one that has a crack in it o well they look pretty and I learned something new today thank you

Brains

Reaction score
hello all u bottle guys! about all those insulators that you hade for sale, there was a rare 1 mixed into all of em but you sold it before i found the site! o well, and as for mister 25 cent insulator guy, i would buy some if they werent the typical run of the mil 42's and 40's.

Bryan
but you can call me Brains

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles