Introduction Post

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

YoloBottles

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

First I want to thank @logan.the.collector for helping me with my bottle collection so far. I have known him for many years as a friend and more recently he has helped me greatly to know the ins and outs of collecting. We even did a trade (coins for bottles) which really sparked my interest into bottles.

I am an 18 year old from GA who collects primarily coins. Even though I have many other hobbies I have managed to pour thousands of dollars and too many hours to count into my coin collection. It will probably be my main hobby for the rest of my life. I also collect militaria and military surplus firearms; with a special interest in Nazi-era helmets and memorabilia. I am also an Eagle Scout and collect BSA patches, neckerchiefs, and BSA antiques. I partake in many more hobbies but those are the main ones.

When it comes to bottles, 95% of my interest is in Coca Cola. I live near Atlanta (Coke Capital) and I really love the design of Cokes advertising and style from the 50s and earlier. Also spent parts of my childhood living in Mexico where glass bottles are as common as plastic and tin cans here. They even have 2 liter ones lol.

I am just starting out, but lately I have been going to antique malls/stores in my area and picking up any contour bottles in the $3 and under range. Also just cleaned my room out so I have a nice display for my bottles.

Thank you for having me,
Chris

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2