Iodine water

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I recently got this Dr H Anders Iodine Water, not particularly rare but I always wanted one. It was an interesting quack product. The doctor claimed he had a method to disolve an improbable amount of iodine in water which could be used as a cure. It was popular in the late 1850s. It has a ground neck for a stopper.

1EB7581079584EB5AB57195B9E392820.jpg

Attachments

• 1EB7581079584EB5AB57195B9E392820.jpg
    1EB7581079584EB5AB57195B9E392820.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 66

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hi Matt, That is a nice bottle. While I was laid up with my broken toe and surgery to get healed on my diabetic feet, I had to use Betadine on the surgery wound until it healed. It is some sort of a suspended iodine I understand. Quack Quack but it worked. And another fluid we had to use was a Dakon's Solution - consisting of water, Clorox and baking soda. Between the two, the problem cuts were healed. RED Matthews.

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

I recently got this Dr H Anders Iodine Water, not particularly rare but I always wanted one. It was an interesting quack product. The doctor claimed he had a method to disolve an improbable amount of iodine in water which could be used as a cure. It was popular in the late 1850s. It has a ground neck for a stopper.

Nice bottle Matt. That product may have had some merit and not as quacky as one might think. Edgar Cayce did approximately 10,000 medical readings for people and mentioned atomodine in nearly half of them. Many people were cured using what he described in these readings. BTW, Atomodine is none other than detoxified iodine. Makes you just wanta go hmmmmm....

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I've had one on 'saved search' on e~bay for over a year now,...either the search dosen't work too well, or they just don't come up too often.

Its odd, you dont see them on fleabay much but I have seen several at bottle shows. Mine is the smooth based version which is a bit more common. I think there is an emerald green version that I have never seen for sale.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583