is it a real scroll

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

athometoo

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-IRON-PONTIL-SCROLL-FLASK-BOTTLE-AQUA-HISTIRICAL_W0QQitemZ160368594364QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2556b68dbc

are they that common?

sweetrelease

Reaction score
yes it is real. as far a common yes but the price will go up in the next few days ,thats how it works[;)] the iron pontil flasks bring in the money.~matt

ancientdigger69

Reaction score
they are very flashy to me. that i guess is the appeal of having one and spending the money on one. thats how i feel about any bottle, its up to the collector really. scroll flasks arent super common but there are plenty to be found and they do command a nice price, if the right people are bidding on them. momma always said, its only worth what you can get someone to pay for it.

justanolddigger

Reaction score
That is a tougher quart size also, but it may go fairly reasonable, I think his shipping charges might scare a few bidders away.
Bill

milkglassbottles

Reaction score
This guy must have an extra chromosome or something else fundamentally wrong with him. I mailed and inquired as to whether he used packing peanuts or rocks when calculating shipping, he responded and I quote "Hi Sparky, you get for what you pay for. Check out my shipping star. Have a nice day"

A later email stated the following.

"I HAVE NEVER HAD ANYONE COMPLAIN ABOUT MY SHIPPING COST. I THINK YOU NEED TO GOOSEDOWN AND MOVE ON. AND YOU HAVE A VERY SPECIAL DAY.
"
- jugtownjunkie

Perhaps he does Goose Down! By the way, everyone knows what "HAVE A NICE DAY MEANS", right?

Additionally this guy has had two other ID's. A real charmer he is.
s.gif
s.gif

jugtownjunkie Dec-29-07 - Present
drpeppershangout Dec-04-05 - Dec-29-07
spikechickie Jun-04-02 - Dec-04-05

Digger George

Reaction score
ya i know the guy, he's a tuff bastard. we have bidding wars at local auctions when bottles come up. I say, you let me win the bottle, i'll take you on a dig. well no dig for him yet.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
First, he's not a bottle dealer so dont expect any smart bottle answers from him, its just another vintage glass item[;)]
Second, the shipping numbers appear to be randomly picked from a lotto hopper, check out this griddle for $19 shipping [;)]
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160365894461
That thing weighs a ton and wont fit in a medium flat rate box.
Wonder if I bought the flask and the griddle if I could get combined shipping?
I swear I have had buyers ask me stupid things like that[:D]
Bottom line is dont try to make sense of fleabay auctions, you will just give yourself a headache.

milkglassbottles

Reaction score
We should all get together and buy the Scroll and then leave negative feedback with a comment about the inordinate shipping.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960