Is it an old Bottle opener??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

foresthillian

Reaction score
I found this just lying on the surface, I live in the Motherlode area of Northern CA,
It is very rusty, but looks like a bottle opener, can anyone help identify this?

Om31776.gif

Attachments

• Om31776.gif
    Om31776.gif
    127.2 KB · Views: 65

Maine Digger

Reaction score
It appears to be a piece of hardware that had a grooved shaft through it. The 'tab' in the circular opening looks to be the 'key' that fit the groove in the shaft. If it was an opener, I would expect the 'tab' to be on the 'handle' side of the opening, as that's where the leverage occurs. Just a guess.[:)]

foresthillian

Reaction score
I thought maybe the two holes in the middle of it where to attach some kind of a wooden handle of some sort and the hole at the bottom may have been there to hang it on a wall.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
That makes sense, but now you have me thinking that it was a handle that turned a grooved shaft. What kind of metal does it appear to be of?

Gosh, where's my manners![&o] WELCOME to the Forum Foresthillian!

Maine Digger

Reaction score
I'm stumped, what else was in the environs where you found it? Hinges, rotted wood etc? This why I have a crate full of all kinds of unidentified metal objects found while bottle mining.[:D]

foresthillian

Reaction score
I was just out for a walk, it was lying beside the road, in the middle of the old downtown area of Foresthill CA. They are restoring an old pharmacy just about 50 feet from where I found it.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Is there more than one Forest Hills in California? I checked the website for the Foresthill Bridge (NICE), and the surroundings appeared to be highland desert-like. I thought Forest Hills CA., was a city.

I think I have found the answer to my query as I read my response - FOREST HILL not FOREST HILLS

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.