Is it PUCE?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

westernglassaddict

Reaction score
The Salutaris Bitters S.F. also comes in a definite puce color as does the Rosenbaums Bitters, and the Dr. Parker's Indian medicine from S.F. Interestingly all of these including the E.Wideman & Chappaz also come in green. WGA

bottlekid76

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: andy volkerts

ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

Hey I didn't know the "Pooce Eagle" made it to the top of Peachridge's Puce page. Now I don't have to post a pic and compare colors.[:D]

B73E86604787400C9E648F9C2E4E0ECD.jpg
this is puce other colors then this is wishful thinking....

Interesting. This square in my eyes in not the color of Ricks Eagle, but its certainly a puce bottle. Would it not be a straight Puce color but a blend then? To me that square appears lavender or light purple. Puce by definition has the word deep or dark RED in it, also grayish red violet, grayish purple to dark purlpish brown. See what i'm saying how this color can be so misleading?!

That's why every auction house too states all these wild terms along wth Puce following it. Grape Puce, Reddish Puce, Peach Puce, Apricot Puce, etc, and that's just naming a few! Maybe i'm reading too much into it. I don't believe one can nail it down with that one little square. If that is the case, many bottles don't fit. Certainly not trying to be difficult, just hoping we can all get a better understanding of this color and the blends associated with it. [:)]

~Tim

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[8D] I dunno Tim, in your own post above you state that the boardman sodas are puce. The bottom one in your pic is, its the same color as Ricks square, I dont know from red or not but the smaller boardman soda in your pic is puce, and I dont see any red, although it takes red and blue to make purple or lavender which is puce. SO it seems we are arguing a moot point here. puce is a subjective color it seems, and you are not going to get a lot of agreement on what is pure legitamate puce. I think Ricks square is as close as we are going to get........we all see colors differently, at least we can agree on that[:)][:)]

andy volkerts

Reaction score
And I believe that color descriptions like Apricot puce, Gasoline puce, Vibrant puce, Reddish puce, Amber puce. plus others too many to enumerate also have a place in desciptions of colors that are bordering on puce. as they kind of let you know that there are many nuances of amber in many of the shades of puce. BUT pure puce to me is Ricks square........

epackage

Reaction score
Clear Puce..

48ACF10266404D2DB510CDEC87FF76FF.jpg

Attachments

• 48ACF10266404D2DB510CDEC87FF76FF.jpg
    48ACF10266404D2DB510CDEC87FF76FF.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 89

epackage

Reaction score
Invisi Puce

BE16342EF8054145AFF596CBE504120D.jpg

Attachments

• BE16342EF8054145AFF596CBE504120D.jpg
    BE16342EF8054145AFF596CBE504120D.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 86

bottlekid76

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: andy volkerts

[8D] I dunno Tim, in your own post above you state that the boardman sodas are puce. The bottom one in your pic is, its the same color as Ricks square, I dont know from red or not but the smaller boardman soda in your pic is puce, and I dont see any red, although it takes red and blue to make purple or lavender which is puce. SO it seems we are arguing a moot point here. puce is a subjective color it seems, and you are not going to get a lot of agreement on what is pure legitamate puce. I think Ricks square is as close as we are going to get........we all see colors differently, at least we can agree on that[:)][:)]

If you notice tho Andy I put a question mark after it. Puce? They both were described as puce with the latter purple one being said to be pure puce by Jeff when they sold in the ABA auctions.

The main reason for the post was to just help us get a better understanding of the true color, and also the influences. ex. peach puce, and the rest of the spectrum. No arguing, just trying to better define it since the word is so often misused. [:)]

~Tim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause