Is Spell Check working ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ToddB65

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the Spell Check feature is working (The icon ABC, with ck mark underneath).
When I click-on the icon, I get a pop-up message from Microsoft Internet Explorer saying
"ieSpell not detected. Click OK to go to download page. " However, when I click-on the OK button on the pop-up, nothing happens !
I sent an e-mail on Dec. 13, 2006 to : admin@antique-bottles.net, using the "Contact Admin"
forum feature, but have not received a reply, so decided to go to the membership for help.

Thanks abunch !.................Todd [;)]

woody

Reaction score
When I clicked on the go to download page it went to the site where you need to download the ie spell check.
I guess you need to download the program in order for the spell check to work.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
If you want to spell check I would recommend entering your text in something like MSWord that has dynamic spell check. Then cut and paste into the forum message. This also helps avoid the dreaded session timeout problem when you take time to think about what you are typing.

capsoda

Reaction score
Spell Check! We dong ne no stinkin spel chek!!! I don't let it bother me because GuntherHess is right, You Will Time Out. Then you have to sit in the corner facing the wall.[&o] [sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

epgorge

Reaction score
No....

Nor, Grammatical reference obviously!

Ep

ToddB65

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: woody

When I clicked on the go to download page it went to the site where you need to download the ie spell check.
I guess you need to download the program in order for the spell check to work.

Thanks for replying woody ! Like I said, when I click-on the OK button , to go to the download page, nothing happens at my terminal. Glad it works for you though. [;)]

Todd

ToddB65

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

If you want to spell check I would recommend entering your text in something like MSWord that has dynamic spell check. Then cut and paste into the forum message. This also helps avoid the dreaded session timeout problem when you take time to think about what you are typing.

Thanks GuntherHess........Seems to be working for woody, but not for me [:mad:]. Thats a good suggestion , using something like MSWord, cut & paste, etc..; I'll work on that angle. So far,
knock on wood, I havn't had a problem with timeouts on this forum, and I'm sloooow at typing [8D].

Todd

ToddB65

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: capsoda

Spell Check! We dong ne no stinkin spel chek!!! I don't let it bother me because GuntherHess is right, You Will Time Out. Then you have to sit in the corner facing the wall.[&o] [sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Thanks Warren [sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]........sounds like we have a friendly group here ! Appreciate your
response, and the humor is great !!

Todd

ToddB65

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epgorge

No....

Nor, Grammatical reference obviously!

Ep

epgorge.........Nice to know I'm in company with forgiving folk. But I have to admit that
blackberry-style gives me a headache [sm=rolleyes.gif]........[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif].
Thanks for replying !

Todd

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter