Is this a good book for a beginner?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Canadienboy...

Hey Dave, it's never too late to jump back into the water... That was a great bit of info you gave about diving near the locks... wow 3500 bottles and crocks[:eek:] You must have spent the rest of the year cleaning them[:D]

Most of the canals in our area have been filled in or are so overgrown, its hard to find them or figure out where the locks were... Great info and look forward to seeing more of your stuff

Wayne[&:]

digsy

Reaction score
i have not read the book but on the canal bottles are often found in england before the canals were cleaned bottles could be heard clanking together underneath the overgrown top

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
Wayne..
at the time my dive shop had a contest,the team who brought up the most bottles got a new bouyancy compensator jacket each.Over a total of 3 months my buddy and I brought up 8400 bottles beating everyone else by at least 6000.
I've not dived for at least 20 years,but the memories live on.We used to spend our summers on Moneghan Island from 1970-1981.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Dave...

Do you still have some of those bottles you recovered from back then? It would be interesting to see them.Were any of then "high dollar" bottles? Were they mostly Canadien or was there a lot of US bottles mixed in there?[8|]

Wayne

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunshine123