Is this a normal 1943 Coca Cola bottle color? Or repro?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Coca-Cola

Reaction score
I found this ODD colored Coca-Cola bottle and am unsure about it. It is a lime green almost looks like Uranium glass... Has anyone seen one like it? Or is it just a repro? It is in suspiciously fantastic condition.....

20200117_224130_resized.jpg20200117_224210_resized.jpg20200117_224235_resized.jpg

shotdwn

Reaction score
It is a real Coca Cola bottle. The older bottles like that varied in color depending on which glass house made them. I have also seen them in a light blue color.

slugplate

Reaction score
I don't believe it's a repro. To use a common city like Seattle would not even make up for the cost of the glass if the bottle sold. If they were going to repro a bottle, it would have to be of a much higher value and much more rare.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I have a 1944 dug up from normandy and because of the need for copper during the war.(copper is used to make glass green) banned during the war. My bottle is clear. Has no city. Filled by mobile bottling trailers that could move with the war front. I will dig it out and send in a picture for you.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I have a 1944 dug up from normandy and because of the need for copper during the war.(copper is used to make glass green) banned during the war. My bottle is clear. Has no city. Filled by mobile bottling trailers that could move with the war front. I will dig it out and send in a picture for you.

I've seen pictures of bottles like that before, apparently there are thousands of them lying in the jungles of Pacific islands where the American soldiers were stationed during the war. Funny thing is that the clear army-issue bottles are almost the same as the Canadian ones, which also were clear and didn't have cities. As far as I know they never made clear hobbleskirts for domestic US use though.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I guess i don't need to post my picture now. Nice colection of clear cokes. I don't like litter but i sure am glad for the ones i find. Love hate relationship.

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
I guess i don't need to post my picture now. Nice colection of clear cokes. I don't like litter but i sure am glad for the ones i find. Love hate relationship.

Robby if it wasn't for people "littering" years ago, us bottle collectors would all be out of business now , lol. I love finding old Cokes laying in the woods and on roadsides. They are starting to be found less anymore.

Screwtop

Reaction score
I picked up a heartbreaker ice blue Coca Cola bottle once, shattered to bits. They come in a few different shades. I have one from McAllen Texas that's a lighter color green than my darker color green bottle from Washington PA.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
It is a real bottle and not a reproduction because Patent D bottles were not reproduced. However the December 25, 1923 patent "Christmas" Coke bottles were. And Seattle was one of the cities reproduced for that.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beth 264