Is this a rare bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

amblypygi

Reaction score
It may or may not be rare, but it will be 100 years or so before it is valuable. It's a modern bottle and is currently not worth anything to speak of (IMHO).

Sean

may48185

Reaction score
to be quite honest that was the cap on there when I found the bottle

lexdigger

Reaction score
Personally I don't buy bottles, but here are a few pointers.

Red Flag #1 "I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT BOTTLES BUT I DO KNOW THIS BOTTLE IS DEFINATELY RARE " ??? HOW?

Red Flag #2 The bottle was obviouisly made by a machine and is listed as an 1800's bottle. How is that possible?

Red Flag #3 The bottle still has the original cork complete with plastic top! Did they use plastic for cork tops in the 1800's?

If I was in the market to buy bottles, especially on ebay, I'd stick with people who have dug or collected bottles and know what they are talking about. That bottle isn't rare, valuable, or made in the 1800's. The listing should be removed due to violations of ebays rules and regulations. JMHO, Chris

may48185

Reaction score
lexdigger like Ive said im am new to this and I dont know what Im talking about when it comes to bottles thats why I came here for help and Ive been pleased with the help until now with your " friendly " response. I personally removed that auction because I didnt realize those errors that I put in the auction listing I try to be straight up and honest with people I sell to, although I appreciate you pointing that out to me but at the same time you could of'd been a bit more nicer about it. ~ good day!

may48185

Reaction score
Thank you Rich for the link to the website I will read it. And thank you for the warm welcome I really appreciate it Im glad I found this forum.

lexdigger

Reaction score
Well May, I'm sorry if I offended you but I was just telling it how I saw it. I didn't know you were the seller. That being said, you should really avoid statements such as "I know this bottle is definatly rare" if you are not sure. Bottles isn't something you can just jump into and learn overnight. It will take alot of time and research to learn antique bottles and what is what. If you're just starting out and trying to sell on ebay, be straight up and say "I don't have a clue about this bottle, but it's for sale if you're interested" It's as simple as that. I really don't even see where I was out of line with my response. I wansn't overly nice about it, but I wasn't rude and didn't use any derogatory comments. If you could have been sitting here when I read the auction description, you'd have really been upset! LOL Chris

lexdigger

Reaction score
You know May, after looking at the rest of your auctions I can see you have alot of work ahead of you. It seems that alot of ebay sellers use Rare as a buzzword, kind of like Awesome, Sweet, or Killa. The fact of the matter is that just because you say it's rare doesn't make it so. Just being honest here! Chris

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward