It's been done before but this my variation.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Calico1

Reaction score
Years ago my brother gave me some intact label extract and medicine bottles he found hidden away in an old house he worked on. I can only assume the previous occupant may have had a bit of an alcohol problem as they were hidden very well all together in one space and in great shape.
I've always displayed these in my kitchen on a high shelf or window but the sun and enviroment were not being kind to the labels. I wanted to come up with a different and safe way to display them so this is the result.
I know the concept of this idea is not a new one but I wanted a grouping for a more primitive display in my home.
This hangs on the wall. I bought the plaques at dollar tree along with the paint to distress it. Split ring pipe clamps that I lined with black foam to protect the glass. I aged the clamps and they are drilled to the board. I can switch the bottles in them if I want to, nothing permanent. I bought mustard yellow paint as well to distress on some of the plaques. Cheap project, the wood and paints are from Dollar Tree and the clamps were in a package of 10 from Amazon and I had everything else on hand. I have 6 more bottles to hang but I'll maybe use some mustard yellow distressed paint on a few and just the larger bottles by themselves on a plaque, mix n' match.
Thought you guys might like to see it.

Attachments

• display1.jpg
    display1.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 90
  • display2.jpg
    display2.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 92
  • display3.jpg
    display3.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 83
  • display4.jpg
    display4.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 91

bottle-o-pop

Reaction score
I really like the contrasts of the wood, metal, and antique glass! Rather industrial-looking!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen