New Curio Display

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hogtown Hunter

Reaction score
So I went and bought the curio I posted about.
20240312_200711.jpg
I put some of my Florida SS Cokes on top, Congress Saratoga Springs and some blues and clear medicines in middle shelf. Then some brown bitters and ale bottles on one of the bottom shelves. My wife wanted a couple shelves for her Fenton Uranium glass. Man they are ugly.
20240312_200744.jpg
They almost glow in natural light. Check out how much they glow in blacklight.
20240312_200749.jpg
20240310_204810.jpg

Toma777

Reaction score
Wow, those are some very nice uranium glass pieces! I have a couple of pieces with the same light green glass. They read the hottest with my Geiger counter.

Beautiful cabinet.

Hogtown Hunter

Reaction score
Wow, those are some very nice uranium glass pieces! I have a couple of pieces with the same light green glass. They read the hottest with my Geiger counter.

Beautiful cabinet.
I'm a little confused about this Fenton glass. I see some people selling these and say it's from the 1930s. Depression glass. But from what I read these Fenton's were made in the 1970s?
When you say hottest on Geiger counter. Not like cancer hot Hopefully.

Toma777

Reaction score
I'm a little confused about this Fenton glass. I see some people selling these and say it's from the 1930s. Depression glass. But from what I read these Fenton's were made in the 1970s?
When you say hottest on Geiger counter. Not like cancer hot Hopefully.

Fenton Art Glass Company: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenton_Art_Glass_Company

If they are later pieces they are probably not that hot, because of the value of uranium.

My pieces are not Fenton, and probably date from around the 1930s, before uranium was used for energy and bombs. I think they are around the 120 counts per minute range, which is harmless. They would have to be over 1,000 counts per minute to be harmful. The clear green pieces are low in uranium, and are usually under 50 counts per minute. Normal background radiation is around 10-15 counts per minute, and the higher up you go in elevation, the higher the counts per minute. I believe you can mail radioactive things in the mail if they are under 200 counts per minute, but don't quote me on that.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen