It's Quilted!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Semar

Reaction score
What can it be?
3 and 3/8ths tall, strap sides, BS embossed on the front, round space for a label.
Poison, cologne? Seems a bit fancy for a poison.
I don't get out much, so I've not seen another example.

Attachments

• BS1.jpg
    BS1.jpg
    617.3 KB · Views: 49
  • BS.jpg
    BS.jpg
    950.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Hezezilla

Reaction score
Probably a perfume but I can imagine it being a really fancy liquor. In all likelihood though, some sort of perfume or cosmetic.

Semar

Reaction score
Maybe a perfume, but I think it's too small to be a Nip.

Attachments

• BS2.jpg
    BS2.jpg
    653.6 KB · Views: 25

Sitcoms

Reaction score
I'd also lean on the perfume side, seems like the right size. Probably had one of those metal and cork stoppers with the name embossed on it.

Semar

Reaction score
Pocket size perfume or cologne?I guess that's a possibility, but something about the surface of the bottle makes me wonder if it's a poison.
Nah, too small for that I guess. Then there's this weird looking scar on the base where something was snapped off; if you run your fingernail through the depression it feels jagged. Pontil, snap case?

Attachments

• BS3.jpg
    BS3.jpg
    444.9 KB · Views: 31

Dub

Reaction score
Not saw one like that before. But I've saw some Hoosier jars have that quilted pattern. . But wondering if it's an old bromo-seltzer bottle? . Just a random guess but nice bottle

Poison_Us

Reaction score
It’s definitely not a poison. Most likely perfume as everyone else is leaning towards. Being the size and shape, could be designed for travel and not the usual square bottles for the home. I see it had a paper label or at least a spot for one in the front. Cool find as I’ve never seen one before.

Semar

Reaction score
It’s definitely not a poison. Most likely perfume as everyone else is leaning towards. Being the size and shape, could be designed for travel and not the usual square bottles for the home. I see it had a paper label or at least a spot for one in the front. Cool find as I’ve never seen one before.
Well, you have been here for a fair amount of time, and it seems your collecting specialty is poisons. If you say it's not one, then I'll rule that possibility out. Scent bottle seems to be the consensus here.
Maybe someday someone will come along who's seen one of these and can identify the little bugger and what the BS embossed on the shoulder stands for. :)

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie