J E GILKE No. 6

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Annie01

Reaction score
Hi… I’m new here and I posted this identification question a few weeks ago in “Introductions”. Might have been wrong forum as I didn’t get any replies (got one Welcome response… Thank You!).
Thought I would try again in this forum.
This bottle is strange because I can find others that are similar but not this one. The similar I’m finding say J A GLIKA not J E GLIKE as this one does. Also J A GLIKA bottles say No. 9 but this one says No. 6.
Any help would be much appreciated… Annie

Attachments

• IMG_1349.jpeg
    IMG_1349.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1350.jpeg
    IMG_1350.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1348.jpeg
    IMG_1348.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1352.jpeg
    IMG_1352.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1353.jpeg
    IMG_1353.jpeg
    247.4 KB · Views: 90

Roy

Reaction score
Hi… I’m new here and I posted this identification question a few weeks ago in “Introductions”. Might have been wrong forum as I didn’t get any replies (got one Welcome response… Thank You!).
This bottle is strange because I can find others that are similar but not this one. The similar I’m finding say J A GLIKA not J E GLIKE as this one does. Also J A GLIKA bottles say No. 9 but this one says No. 6.
Welcome Annie01,
That's one nice old bottle.
I am curious about the height and width of your bottle. I will be watching this thread to see what others have to say about it.
Roy

Annie01

Reaction score
Welcome Annie01,
That's one nice old bottle.
I am curious about the height and width of your bottle. I will be watching this thread to see what others have to say about it.
Roy
Hi Roy, bottle is Height 10.5” Width 3.5” Thanks for asking. Annie

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
Likely it is misspelled earlier example. Either that or the later one is spelled incorrectly. This is my take. Usually the numbers were for medicine preparations and we consecutive to whatever worked. For example, No 32 etc. Likely the No. 9 is a later update to the original No. 6 preparation.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Likely it is misspelled earlier example. Either that or the later one is spelled incorrectly. This is my take. Usually the numbers were for medicine preparations and we consecutive to whatever worked. For example, No 32 etc. Likely the No. 9 is a later update to the original No. 6 preparation.
Isn't the number an address in this case? Schützenstraße is a street in the centre of Berlin, and German street numbers are listed after the street name.

Hladnopivo

Reaction score
There's more info here in a previous post. My assumption is that the mistake may have arisen due to the fact that both spellings would be pronounced similarly in German. Or possibly to obscure the fact that the producer was not German, but Czech, which may have had a large enough stigma to hurt business. And I can tell you that No. 6 must be an address. (The company still exists by the way!)
Post in thread 'Gilka bottle any info...?'
https://www.antique-bottles.net/threads/gilka-bottle-any-info.694643/post-747169

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen