Jacob Wisenauer

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Buffalo Hunter

Reaction score
I'm fair to decent with a PC and finding basic info, but researchers like you just blow me away. If I had just a small piece of your talent! Thank you for finding that information.
My answer to your question is Jacob bought wholesale quanites and bottled it for consumer use otherwise he would be a brewer or distiller.

Reaction score
Marjorie 040

Thank you! Thank you! for the information on Jacob Wisenauer! He was my great great grandfather. Although I had done some searching of records, I had been unable to get past the census where he was listed as a day laborer. (I am not very proficient
in navigating the internet.)

I notice the spelling in your post was Wisenhaur. Is this the spelling in the very early records you found? Did all this info come off the 1860 census or did you have another source? Any info on the port he entered through?

Website etiquette: Is it okay if I ask these questions on this site being they are not
'bottle related'?

~Family History Seeker~

marjorie040

Reaction score
Hello Family History Seeker,
It's been my experience that there are no snobs on this website and any question is fine and will get a polite response, so don't worry about that!
No talent is involved in my research because I belong to the website Ancestry.com and searching genealogy is my hobby. I love the stories behind the bottles! and I'm so glad the information is valuable to you.
Was George or John Wisenauer your grandfather? I can do more research for you if you like. You can email me off this site if you prefer. I haven't been able to find immigration information as yet because I've run out of time this morning. I'll get back to you on that.
By the way, the misspelling of Wisenauer was a typo on my part, although at times in the census, finding the correct person can be difficult depending on how the census taker spells the name.

Regards,
Marjorie

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcarulli