Jar ID ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cpackjr

Reaction score
Anyone recognize this jar. Not very old but interesting. Has aluminum looking lid. Left 26 inches of WV snow to visit N Carolina and ran into snow storm in Charlotte, but melted next day and was able to roam around and find small dump with this being only interesting thing other than a small drinking glass. Appears to be quarter sized circle mark on bottom, but is absorbed in stippling.

9E93FBBC89EE40D4A53621D129B9663B.jpg

Attachments

• 9E93FBBC89EE40D4A53621D129B9663B.jpg
    9E93FBBC89EE40D4A53621D129B9663B.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 49

toddrandolph

Reaction score
It's a spice jar from a Hoosier type kitchen cabinet, likely 1920s or 30s. Haven't seen one with the textured glass surface, so I wonder if it is from a less common cabinet brand. They came in sets of six I believe and the rim is where it fits into a metal holder, sort of a carousel type round thing that screws up into part of the cabinet where the roll door is.

timmy

Reaction score
Hey cpakjr! Know nothing about your jar but I love jars! Have a small collection myself. Just wondering about your post cause I'm from WV. Canaan Valley/Davis. Ski Country. You from WV?

cpackjr

Reaction score
Hoosier type kitchen cabinet

Thanks for the info. I did some googling and your answer seems spot on. I first thought this little dump was too recent for your time frame, but I think of the spice I have in my cabinet now that is 15-20 years old if you read the ads that McCormick puts out. (if its in a tin can its older than 15 years) So we keep spices for years and I remember in my parents house an old spice rack that sits there with odd sounding spices that were never used or thrown out.
So, I do believe this small dump full of inner tubes, cans and a couple of canning jars, had a really old but cool Hoosier spice jar.
Thanks again

cpackjr

Reaction score
Southern WV, but visit Canaan State Park, Dolly Sods and Blackwater occasionally in summer. (can you really call it summer, I was there in June of 08 and felt like I nearly froze to death hiking in Canaan)
See Ya

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles