JOSP Co SCHIMMEL'S BOTTLE

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

olddump

Reaction score
Here we go again. Dug this two days ago and can't find any info on it. It is clear glass square with rounded shoulders almost 5 inches tall and two and one half inches square the picture will tell the shape it is embossed on the shoulders with MANFG'D BY on one shoulder then J.O.S.P.CO on the next shoulder then SCHIMMEL'S on the third shoulder smooth base mold blown applied top. Any info will help thank you
Tom, Olddump

Jh16715.jpg

Attachments

• Jh16715.jpg
    Jh16715.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 75

wega1126

Reaction score
RE: JSOP Co SCHIMMEL'S BOTTLE

I'm fairly new at this hobby, but I ran across the following in a fruit jar list -
J.O. Schimmell, Pres'g Co., Philadelphia, Glass Lid, Wire Clamp, Pt., RB-2563 - $385

No pic was available.

Hope this helps!

olddump

Reaction score

Great it really sounds like it, but it sure dos'nt look like a fruit jar, but that info is right on theJ.O.S.P. CO. is perfect as is SCHIMMEL'S. Please see if it gives any dimentions on that jar? That is the only place I hav'nt looked [fruit jars] O.K. thanks a bunch and good lookin. Tom, Olddump

olddump

Reaction score

I'd like to run this by one more time and see if I can get any more info on this. Thanks
Tom

woody

Reaction score
The bottle pictured in the Red Book of Fruit Jars is not the same as yours Olddump, although it is probably the same company.
The "J.O. Schimmel Preserving company of Philadelphia".
It is a product jar, straight sided, 24 oz.
Cohansey Glass Mfg. company.

woody

Reaction score
Cohansey..............Cohansey Glass Mnfg. Company (1870-1900). Factory: Bridgeton, NJ. Business office in Philadelphia, PA.

olddump

Reaction score
I quess it isn't but it has so many close things on the jar the J.O.S.P. CO. on the shoulder would be the prserving company initials but this is only 5in. tall and a little over 2in. square. Thanks a bunch if anyone sees this jar please let me know as rhis has me hooked on an anser. I have most of it just the loose ends.
Tom, Olddump

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen