kangaroo bourbon

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Topusmc

Reaction score
Checked the price guide.....if you want this one you better have DEEP pockets.
One known sold 12/02 Glass Works Auction
Medium Orange Amber, 11 3/4" H, Smooth Base, applied double collared mouth, professionally cleaned, perfect

$10,400

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
The way that auction went down POd many collectors, including myself. I have known of the existence of that bottle for more than 20 years and have all the trade marks info on it. I had "feelers" out throughout NSW long before the first one was found in Sydney harbor. After dealing with the finder it appeared that the bottle was mine for substantially less than it brought at auction. Another person became involved and my "deal" was refused. Western auction houses wanted nothing to do with the bottle, hence it going to PA. There was one bidder at the minimum bid of 10K and he now owns the bottle. In the meanwhile, several more have turned up and I feel certain that there are more to follow. Hotaling's records indicate a MINIMUM of 1500 cases were sent in one month alone in 1883. Who knows how many "Roos" were actually shipped to Barron, Moxham & Co, but I'll wager that it sure was not 1 dozen.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide