Keene show finds and more

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Blackglass

Reaction score
Had a great time at the Keene show this year, even though I couldn't locate any of the other members who said they were coming lol. Come to think of it actually, I'm almost positive I saw Bottle r LEET and his father...

Anyhow, here is what I found at the show...

A Goddard (Or Coddard?) blob top from New Bendford MA. I got it really cheap and it's unlisted on Todd's site. I also got this really nice & mint Weiss Beer from NY.

DSC_0033.jpg

A snap-case J. L. Hunnewell & co Universal Cough Remedy.

DSC_0034.jpg

Next is a really minty Kodol dyspepsia cure with both lables and near full contents!

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

A really early case gin. It's wicked crude.
DSC_0035.jpg

The pontil is gnarly!
DSC_0036.jpg

The best thing about these bottles is the price I purchased them at. Absolutely beyond amazing! Got an OP schenck in near mint!

DSC_0039.jpg

Best one of the day is this Skoda's Discovery with it's box. I'm not going to even begin to complain about any little flaws with the bottle and box, because for what I payed for it, it was far worth it... I'm not sure if the bottle and the box were originally together, though... I think the bottle was dug, but I could be wrong.

DSC_0040.jpg

I may as well add a few of my other recent purchases

My first Hutchinson. I'd say it was about time I got one after 4 years of collecting, no? Mug base to boot!

DSC_0046.jpg

Amber blob beer from Manchester. These are pretty common. I think I may have payed too much for it haha

DSC_0042.jpg

Here's the last ones. Have you ever seen a Scott's Emulsion in clear and in this shape? I had no idea they existed until yesterday.

The other bottle reads "Mistura Creosote Comp (Killgore). It's kind of unattractive looking, but I have reason to believe it is very rare, being that I can't find anything on it, besides that Killgore was a NY druggist. Maybe this was one of his products that didn't last? I'd imagine so, Creosote doesn't seem like a very sell-able product for medical purposes [:'(]

DSC_0047.jpg

Thanks for reading :D

``Michael

beendiggin

Reaction score
The Skodas are one of my favorites with all the embossing on the beveled sides. I've dug a few broken ones over the years.

riverdiver

Reaction score
Hi Blackglass,

Nice purchases, I have one of the Killgore Creosote bottles, I pulled mine from the bottom of the Merrimack River in Hooksett 20 years ago and I still own it because I thought it was odd. I never took the time to research it so I cannot say how old or rare it might be.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1