Kennedy Coca Cola Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

digdug

Reaction score
I have seen a few of these Kennedy Coke bottles popping up on ebay and wondered if anyone knew history of them. They look like a typical 1970's 6 1/2 oz ACL Coke.
But bottom has PRES J F KENNEDY 6063 (for years of presidency) and 35 (for 35th president.) I had never seen them before. Just wondered if anyone knew history, why were they made, etc.
THanks!

Ki19860.jpg

Attachments

• Ki19860.jpg
    Ki19860.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 167

digdug

Reaction score
I finally found out some info on this bottle. I had met an employee of the Chattanooga Glass Company and asked about it. Seems it was a 'Third Shift' bottle. Meaning someone decided to make a Kennedy bottle with no permission. The Mold Maker carved out a bottom plate and made some of these bottles. Leave it to night shift to come up with something else to do besides what is supposed to be done.

kastoo

Reaction score
Interesting...ya think it would have a worth then because only a limited number were made...also, one wonders what else they put out there..like their own names etc.

kastoo

Reaction score
and......I doubt a lot of folks read the bottom of the bottles. It's more likely they drank and threw.

digdug

Reaction score
Well- I think the value will only go up. Several years ago you could find the 1970's Soda bottles in the incorrect color, etc. A lot of dark green Coke bottles have been popping up on ebay too. They use to be around $10 to $20. But now they have shot up.
I've even seen a 6 1/2 oz Coca Cola from the 1970's with the Coca Cola & Coke printed upside down.
The Glass employee said they had made other bottom plates, but did not specify what they said.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Digdug, I agree, the Kennedy Coke should only increase in value, especially if you could get some documentation from that former glass worker. If you were to sell it, you might do better marketing it on a site dedicated to Kennedy collectibles than a bottle site?[;)]

digdug

Reaction score
That is a good idea to get documentation on this bottle. I will have to go pay him a visit.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter