KING COTTON BOTTLE

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jennifer

Reaction score
Does anyone have any knowledge regarding the King Cotton pop/soda/soft drink that was made in the early 1950s? I have found a bottle and read a little about this after I googled "King Cotton Bottle"....It stated that the pop was bottled in Leland, MS, I believe. This bottle is from Tennessee. Does anyone have any information about this? There is also a picture of this bottle that can be located from googling. However, my bottle is from Tennessee. It has "King Cotton" sitting on a cotton bale.

Jennifer

Reaction score
Yes, I saw that one that had sold on Ebay for $181.00. Mine is not in such good shape as far as the redness but KING COTTON is clearly noted and the King himself can be seen although not nearly as well as in the bottle that you posted here.

Thanks for the reply. I am not anxious to sell it. It was bottled in a town where I was born in Tennessee.

Jennifer

Reaction score
Is there any way to edit posts on this forum?...That should have been "clearly" noted not "clearing" and there should have been no period placed before "it" in a sentence. Overlook the typos. Thanks. Moderators, if you have time, feel free to edit that post and delete this one!

Jennifer

Reaction score
I am looking forward to reading a post from Pat the Cat aka Osia...Also, yes, I know this is not so formal. I hate making typos and didn't see the Edit button. I went back and made the edits.
Thanks.

ORIGINAL: lobeycat

This is one for Pat the Cat aka. Osia. If anyone knows he should. He'll be around soonish...Says one sold on ebay for $181 Not bad for a sodee pop

56E7EE815A9149FCB9F47540DEE796FF.jpg

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
Can't tell you much that you don't already know. You should ask Kathy-thesodafizz or Matt-acls. They could answer this one a whole lot better than me. Hang on. I will add that this is one of the most desirable bottles [acl] out there, 181 is a good deal. lastly Dyrsburg?,Tenn. Something like that. Almost impossible to find. Go to sodas and ask there.

Jennifer

Reaction score
Thanks, OsiaBoyce...I am a Newbie here and didn't even notice that there was a "Soda Section" on this site. I posted my first post on this thread there, also.

Thanks again.

Jennifer

Reaction score
This bottle was from the early 50s, I think and NO ONE in the area has any remembrance of it. I was hoping someone would have recalled this unique bottle.

Jennifer

Reaction score
Is it ok to bump this up the list?....Has anyone out there ever heard of this bottle?

digger mcdirt

Reaction score
Yes there is a Dyersburg Tenn and a Jackson Tenn version of the bottle. The Jackson has a more deco look to it. It was put out by The Dillion Routt company which was at Jackson and also had a place in Dyersburg. I have both versions in my collection. Anice one with nice acl will go for $100-$150. The one you posted should have Dyersburg on the rear.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles