L. WERBACH & Co/MILLWAUKEE WIS

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Penn Digger

Reaction score
A friend of mine told me earlier today that they had a bottle for me. Lived downtown and was having some stairs put down from the second floor to the alley way below (holes dug). Showed up and they got the bottle for me, but the base was missing (not bottle people).

A crier for NW PA!!! Cornflower/light cobalt blue fat hutch "L. WERBACH & Co MILLWAUKEE WIS." and on the back "A & D.H.C."

Beautiful bottle, anybody know anything about it??? I have permission to dig there and will soon. I have not yet googled the bottle.

PD

Brian M

Reaction score
Sounds like a great cobalt bottle. Good luck digging. Can you post a photo of the bottle? I had a very rare cobalt hutch from Bay City Michigan, it was sheared off flush at the bottom. It was repaired using a another cobalt bottom and it looked great on the shelf. I am digging in a huge 4 block area right now that is being developed. I finally found some whole 1890 bottles last night. Lots and lots of turn of the century stuff, some keepers that are whole. Hopefully I can find some cobalt soda bottles.

Brian

Tony14

Reaction score
Ouch thats a crier for sure. Its more on the common end as far as cobalt hutches go. In good shape they sell in the term of $150 or so. I saw one in milwaukee this year selling for 100 and it had a potstone with a crack in it. Definately a beautiful bottle and ive wanted one for a long time[;)]

Tony14

Reaction score
Hey cross what i just said. I checked my references and there are no hutches with the a & d h c makers mark. There is however a cobalt transitional style blob soda. Its listed as a blob soda but is only a little over 6 inches tall. Does your bottle look like it has a kind of elongated neck on it? Anyways this bottle is in the same price range as that hutch (maybe a little lower) but is older. kind of like this one but with a little shorter neck

edit--didnt notice the milwaukee mispelling (two ll's.) here the right variation

http://www.mrbottles.com/galleryimage.asp?ID=1445

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1