labeled huthinson

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

old.s.bottles

Reaction score
not my cup of tea, but maybe it is for someone else though

http://cgi.ebay.com/STARKE-BOTTLING-FL-Hutchinson-Soda-Bottle-w-Label-/260796673093?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb8b16c45

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Interesting bottle Old-s.,
The embossing is from Florida but the label is from Georgia. I suppose you see that with siphon tops but this appears to be either an old label added to a different bottle or downright thievery of another companies bottle.

old.s.bottles

Reaction score
Same deal with this one... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220796130669&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

would it be wrong to buy the bottle and put that label on a melvin and badger bottle? Of course I would mention it if I were to sell the bottle. Maybe thats a bad idea...I'll prolly mess up the label

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
I could be wrong about this, but the medicine bottle makes sense to me. Keasby & Mathison sold all types of medicinal products to pharmacies far and wide. Then that company would put on its own label on advertising the contents and their brand name. Seems like it might be fairly common??

old.s.bottles

Reaction score
Bottling works are where they bottle the sodas right? The hutch doesn't have any "To be Returned" on it from what I see [;)]

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Old-S,
I know that Hutchinsons were designed to be washed and re-used. It was way too expensive of a container to be discarded. I'm not sure if they took a deposit on the glass but they may have. Nonetheless, I'm sure that people still travelled with them and returned them to another city. Local bottlers then had a decision, do we try to send this back or should we just use it? This bottle shows that at least some of the time, bottlers just used the thing.

I suppose it is possioble that there was a link in those two brands (like one is the branch of another), but I doubt it.

druggistnut

Reaction score
Man, That is a beautiful label, and an interesting shape, too.
I agree, that was a "hijacked" hutch.
Bet it finishes at $200 plus.
Bill

cyberdigger

Reaction score
From the listing: "The label features a young woman reaching toward a waterfall, and it reads, "Deep Rock Ginger Ale, Artificially Colored, Bottled Under the Authority of Deep Rock Ginger Ale Co., Athens, GA." The label of the back reads, "Deep Rock Ginger Ale, Non-Alcoholic, Aids Digestion." "
Now, see where it says " BOTTLED UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF.." ? This means to me that the company in Starke was bottling and selling their ginger ale.. I think the label is AOK and appropriate.. labeled hutches are real hard to find, it's an awesome specimen!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1