Lady's Leg???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
Today, I went with a local collector to his hotspot. He's known of it for 15 years and it atill produces. He's found bottles that go as far back 1830. Well, I got this. On the bottom, It has L.G. Co. for Louissville Glass co. from 1880. Is this a Lady's leg?

001-13.jpg

Drippy applied top
002-14.jpg

He also said it was a good metal detecting spot. I brought it and found tons of mason lids, but here's some better stuff. I think this is a pedal to a model T maybe?
003-12.jpg

A cool Belt buckle. It is EASILY bendable, so I'm kind of thinking its not a belt buckle, but it looks just like one.
004-7.jpg

back
005-5.jpg

Lastly, A rivet and a pin? button? what is that?????? It doesn't come apart or anything. It has a weird symbol on both sides. Is it even old????????
006-4.jpg

THANKS FOR ANY HELP OR REPLIES ON THE ITEMS LISTED ABOVE!!!!!!!!

surfaceone

Reaction score
It has L.G. Co. for Louissville Glass co. from 1880. Is this a Lady's leg?

Hey Brandon,

I'm not too sure About that mark. Coulda been several other firms:

"L.G.CO.................Several factories used this mark. They include: Lindell Glass Company, St. Louis, Missouri (1875-1890), mark seen on export beers, wax sealer fruit jars, blobtop soda bottles, etc; and Lyndeborough Glass Company (often spelled Lyndeboro), South Lyndeborough, New Hampshire (1866-1888), mark is seen on whiskey flasks and various other bottles. The "L.G.CO." marking on Lyndeborough flasks is usually arranged in a circular formation, or with the "L.G." and the "CO." at opposite ends of the base with the circular mold seam "button" between them. William Brantley, in A Collector's Guide to Ball Jars (1975), stated that Loogootee Fruit Jar Company, Loogootee, Indiana (1901-1904) produced wax sealers with the "L.G.CO." basemark, but I haven't been able to discover any evidence to back that up. In any case, the initials do not correspond exactly to their official company name. My own opinion is that all L.G.CO.-marked wax sealer jars are products of Lindell. Other wax sealers with a similar profile (a slightly more angular shoulder and a taller neck area) are found which are marked "LINDELL GLASS CO." on the base.
Also, concerning later period machine-made milk bottles in clear glass: Lamb Glass Company, Mt. Vernon, Ohio (c.1920-1964?) can now be confirmed as the source of milk bottles marked "L G CO / 52" (See entry on L-52 mark). These appear to be from the 1920s-1940s period. Jeffrey Giarde, in his book on milk bottles, stated that this mark was likely that of Liberty Glass Company, Sapulpa, Oklahoma, but I believe this to be incorrect. Another factory that has been confirmed to be the source of some, if not many, milk bottles marked "L.G.CO." was Lockport Glass Company, Lockport, NY (1900-1919). An extant catalog proves this to be true. The initials are often accompanied by a single digit number, such as a "1". Anyone who can shed more light on the question of the L.G.CO. marks on milk bottles is invited to contact me with any info you have! I would also appreciate hearing from anyone with more info on Lindell or Lyndeboro' and any bottles you have that are attributed to them. Note: I'm aware of absolutely no evidence that the Louisville Glass Works ever used this mark, as Julian Toulouse proclaimed in Bottle Makers and Their Marks (1971). Also, please see next listing.
L.G.CO. arranged around a star with the words "ACME/Trademark 1893"............Lamont Glass Company, Trenton & New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, Canada (1890-1898). Seen on the face of fruit jars." From.

I wouldn't call that a lady's leg, but I would say that it's a very Twitchellesque finish.

These are some lady's legs.
wc_mini_million_dollar_legs_JC01088_L.jpg

nailem63

Reaction score
Its not a lady,s leg neck appears to be a really old beer

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hi Brandon; I would say the neck looks bloated in the neck but it isn't the puffed type of lady's leg found in a lot of hand blown bottles. RED Matthews

RedGinger

Reaction score
Brandon, here is a Lady's Leg (black glass): https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/Kindness%2C%25%25%25%28Swizzle-style%25%25%25%25%29/m-417396/tm.htm

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I looked up the lady's leg bottles on google images and some looked just like this one and other's were more puffed like the one in RedGinger's link. In my Warman's hand guide, It says L. G. Co. is for Louisville Glass Works from Louisville, Kentucky and from 1880 and that was the only entry. Now that page makes me think different. It could be Lindell Glass co. Here's a google result that looks just like mine. (without the embossing) So if it's not a Lady's Leg, its just a beer?

Ladysleg.jpg

Thanks Gunther hess, so that is a buckle then.

Dugout

Reaction score
I believe the item with the blue and white (Mother of Pearl ?) on both ends is most likely a cufflink.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter