Lake of Bays beverages huntsville ontario bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
i will likely try and go back in the spring and hope some more common sense on the prices of the bottles has reached him . you have to realise he wanted $1000.00 cash not willing to negotiate for the collection and not willing to lower price by a dollar. the collection likely only containted a dozen bottles that would of went for more than $10 on ebay and maybe 5 i'd want for personal collection , most were common coca cola's , 7 up's , pepsi's and really common local bottles all not worth more than $5 in an antique store here . and he also had alot of common jars , javex bottles , plain liquor , common blue magnesium bottles and lots of plain perfume bottles none of these bottles i saw much if any $ value in . the whole lot was maybe worth around $200 so you have to realise i had no choice but to walk away and try not to offend the guy as his price was insane for what he had .

mctaggart67

Reaction score
It's always so frustrating dealing with deluded sellers who think they're sitting on a gold mine. Last summer I visited a "collector" who's willing to sell duplicates out of his collection. I picked up one local drugstore to examine and asked him, "How much?" His answer was, "Well, Glen, those are some of the rarest bottles I've got, but I want to give you a deal, so I'll go to half of what they're worth. So, that'll be $200." I tried my damnedest not to bat an eye, and, with all due restraint, smoothly responded, "Gee, these bottles are very precious to you. I think it would be wrong of me to get you to part with them." He actually seemed relieved that he was off the hook, as if his sales pitch and pricing were going to work. I placed the bottle back on the shelf, turned around to look at my wife, who knows me better than anyone else on this planet, and we shared a gut-ripping laugh together, but one of those types of laughs nobody else sees or hears, if you know what I mean. As to the $400 bottles, halved to $200 -- he had around a dozen of them -- they are probably worth $25 tops to someone very desperate to add them to his/her collection. I'm not that desperate. Sometimes it's just best to walk away politely.

Mari7ssa

Reaction score
I have a Lake of Bays bottle in very good condition . My father found it when working construction in Huntsville.

jimdixon

Reaction score
The Lake of Bays bottles came in green and clear, both 7 oz. There is little to no information on Huntsville Beverages. I have yet to come across an ad or any mention of the company. The clear bottles are more common, obviously, than the green. I only know of maybe 3-4 green bottles in various collections. As for price - I have sold the clear bottles for about $125 Cdn on average.

Jim

Looking to buy Whipper's Beverages Bottles (Whipper Billy Watson) - Toronto, Ontario and of course - any Lake of Bays bottles (or Muskoka).

RCO

Reaction score
i agree there is very littlle information on this company , i tried to look for some and couldn't find anything . the local library has old newspapers in viewable format but you'd need to know what years company actually operated to have any idea where to search in them .

i haven't personally found a clear or a green bottle yet , surprised to hear the clear one is more common as i haven't seen one yet in my travels and i see alot of bottles and find alot of bottles in this area all over muskoka . haven't had much luck at finding any really good dumps so far this year though . swimming season could yield more finds as i have some locations in mind but not likely a lake of bays bottle with its acl label survied under water all these years . is alot of browns beverages bottles that have survived though in this area

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem