liebig malt extract co.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jr.

Reaction score
hi!
My son and I recently found an old dumpsite that a creek had eroded into. This particular site has a great deal of history. Their are other dump sites older than the one we have found. The one I'm looking for dates back before the civil war. We found a brown bottle marked "liebig malt extract co.", and a glass top marked "mason's improved patented 1871". We found several others but they aren't marked well. We were curious about the history and value. Thank you jr.

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hi jr and welcome to the forum. If you can post some pictures it would help all of us a great deal. Sounds like you are on to a good dig site! Go to google and type in liebig malt extract co. There is a little info, but mostly on Liebig himself. He was a noted German chemist. Your glass top sounds like a glass lid insert to an old mason jar. I don't have a red book on fruit jars, but they're others here who do. Maybe someone else can help you out a little more. Happy Diggin, Kelley

David E

Reaction score
Dr Lieburg my book shows three items he made, don't find yours but his address was No 1 400 Geary St S.F. Calif. bottles are Ca 1890's the firm went out of business Ca 1897.

Dave

jr.

Reaction score
thank you!

HI!
Thank you for your response. This is a nice forum with infinite amounts of potential resource. In the future I plan on buying a digital camera so that I can participate better on the internet. I never had any interest in bottles unless it was a cold brew, but times have changed. It started with a find in the St. Lawrence river while scuba diving with my father off of an old quarry. Many years ago various immigrants from here and trade versed europeans that were shipped in were hired to build boldt castle along with another castle. Much of the stone came from this one quarry on an island. I found a ceramic marmalade container with no top about 15 feet down covered in zebra muscles. It is a light creme color withe blue writing and is sealed in a clear coating with the exception of the bottom. It's in beautiful conditon with all the print intact. Jameskeiller &sonltd
DUNDEE
pot made in england 1873 made in dundee scotland

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229