Looking for a partner....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Regman

Reaction score
Hi Brian...Im near Toronto , are you close by....Take care...HH...Reg.

bne74honda

Reaction score
Hi Reg and Dave,

Sorry for not responding sooner but I've been away from the pc for some time. I live just south of Barrie and work in T.O 12 days a month. I presently have about 4 or 5 potential dig sites scouted for this season, all pending permission. I also have a fairly promising site where I am already permitted. I've identified 4 different dump sites on this property that is at least 100 yrs old. I've only scratched the surface but have found stuff dating back to the 50's.

I do a little metal detecting as well although I'm still a rookie.

Brian

regman3000

Reaction score
Hi Brian....I live very close to a site that has bottles going back to 1900 up to about 1940s...Ive pulled out about 100 different ones some with pontal's. Most of the older stuff I picked up near skydome and also when they built the Convention centre...Im looking to get out of town and into some old ghost towns as well...Your sites sound quite interesting as well, If you need help hording all those great potential bottles let me know(hehehehe) ...One day we should get together and try out a dig or 2 since we are not too far away and since you come to Toronto as well. As for detecting ive been doing that for about 4 years and have made some interesting finds going back to the war of 1812 maybe one day we can detect together as well ... Talk soon...Take care...HH...Reg.

shadahoochie

Reaction score
Hi Brian! How's it goin'? I am also brand new to bottle collecting. It all started 2 mos ago. I wanted to build a golf green at the back of my property, I started to clean up in the back and came across an old pile of rusty cans. I began raking them up and began finding bottles, 80 % were broken, but i still pick away at it and still come up with great old bottles. I will post some in the days to come because i need to find out what they are and what they were used for and maybe a price on 1 or 2. So needless to say that i gave up the golf green.
I live 40 min east of Orillia. I would love to do some digs somewhere i think it would be fun.

Well Good Luck with the Hunting!

Lynette

Reaction score
Would love to join you or anyone else in the TO area as well.....new to the bottle digging community.... a rookie as they call me but lovin every minute or it

Ace of spades

Reaction score
Hello canadian diggers, I just found this thread. I am up in Owen sound, and would love to meet other diggers from the area. Owen sound has major potential, this town dates to the 1840's. I will be digging till the ground is frozen if anybody would like to join me.

Cheers
Ace of spades

1A4214B922004520887748CDC5049D0A.jpg

Attachments

• 1A4214B922004520887748CDC5049D0A.jpg
    1A4214B922004520887748CDC5049D0A.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 109

bne74honda

Reaction score
Hey Ace,

It sounds like you have some places in mind. I'd be happy to join you before the snow flies. I have transport and the available time, although weekends tend to be somewhat difficult...weekdays generally work better for me.

Anyhow, let me know when you might be available this month and we'll see if we can hook up for some dirt flingin'!

Brian

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrykevin