Looking for info. on river bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

madpaddla

Reaction score
Hello all,

Wondering any possible info on the following bottles:
1. Amber bottle, appr. 9 in tall, more amber hues at top and bottom, no print
2. sm. clear bottle, appr. 1.5 in, no visible lines or print
3. md. clear bottle, appr. 7 in, PAT APPLIED FOR, oval mark, 25 all on bottom
4. lg. clear bottle, appr. 12 in, oval mark and slashes in corner on bottom

I was looking for the appr year of prod., type, and value of these bottles if possible.

This web site is close to a god send. I have peeled through numerous pages and am indebted to all folks that provide such valuable information to all my questions. And lastly, a question regarding finding bottles with liquids or tablets contained within. Are there any suggestions as to do with the contents?

Once again thank -you for any assistance, madpaddla

madpaddla

Reaction score
here are the pics sorry

Ig11991.jpg

ronvae

Reaction score
When you say there are "oval marks" on the bottom of a couple of these, do you mean like a pontil, or a machine mark from when it was made, or do you mean there is a little embossed maker's mark on the bottom? Is the "25" inside the oval on the bottom of one bottle? Is the slash mark through the oval on the bottom of the other bottle? Also, what state did you find the "honest" bottle in?

I ask because the experts on this forum can tell you alot from a picture of the pontil or machine suction marks on the bottom of a bottle. Also, there is a maker's mark that is an "Oval (horizontal, with a line through the longest axis, resembling a belt buckle)...Western Glass Manufacturing Company, Valverde, CO (1900-1909)." www.myinsulators.com
Lastly, if the "Honest" brand was really "registered" in the state where it was made, and you happened to find it in the state where it was made, the company is probably still on record, even if it has been defunct for 100 years....[sm=rolleyes.gif]

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Need a better pic of the Honest bottom. Looks pontiled, but need another sunlight pic close-up.
If it is pontiled, it is a fairly valuable bottle. If not, I'm guessing 15-20 dollars.

Miles

Reaction score
I think the Honest flask is from the 1890's because of the embossing. I think it's called slug plate. I don't think that's a pontil though, that mark looks like it's inside the bottle, need another pic to be sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4