Looking for Michigan bottles.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
My birthday's coming up in September (I know I'm early, but I was told to start looking now) and I'm interested in Michigan bottles. I've been looking, but haven't found much I like that's under 30 minus shipping and handling. I'm looking for older bottles (before 1900) either embossed soda-pop or alcohol, with a blob-top preferably. I am also interested in after 1900 bottles too, if embossed heavily or have a color I like (both.) Also, flared-lip medicine bottles interest me, preferably from Michigan, but anywhere in the North and Western areas of the U.S. and all of Canada will do swell. If you have any bottles from Michigan--especially Muskegon, Red Jacket, Kalamazoo, Battle Creek, Grand Haven, Saginaw, Petoskey, or any odd sounding Michigan city (or really odd sounding city anywhere) that are cheap and embossed with color, either show me some pictures here, or send me a pm. Also if you have them listed on Ebay, my mother would likely find that much more appealing as a way to buy. Thank you. :D Oh, any bear-oil bottles? I'm also interested in smaller size, colored kerosene lamps of either glass or ceramic. I never find one I like. Same with oil lamps from the 1800s. Those intrigue me.

goodman1966

Reaction score
Robert, at first I thought you were going to be another one post wonder. But after reading all your post, and you took the the time to initiate some great post. Even though you don't have what some would consider great bottles. Their all great to me. I've come to realize you have been bitten by the bottle bug as bad as the rest of us. We need younger people coming into this hobby and you fit that bill wonderfully ! That being said I would like to send you some bottles for a birthday present. NO CHARGE. Some are from Michigan! Please pm me your address and I will have them on their way. Again thanks for being you ! Mitch

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
After talking to my mother about this--I have no idea how to accept such kindness as I struggle to accept gifts from people and this really stopped me-- she talked me into accepting your offer on condition I will one day do the same for someone else. To 'pay it forward' (ever see that movie?) I'm really quite struggling to accept it, and I really feel I should compensate you in some way for this. But mom said it' a gift... and I said I don't quite know how to say yes, but don't want to insult your kindness either... Are you sure you don't want compensation? You're really quite kind and I am very unaccustomed to such as this. My mind is... struggling to make sense as to how this comes about.

goodman1966

Reaction score
Well you see all types of people on this site. Those only interested in money, are not interested unless it's a high end item and then there are those interested in all aspects of the hobby. When I first joined I did not get very many replies to my post. Probably because they were low end bottles. But the replies I did get were from basically the same group of guys. And one of them was Red Mathews. He replied when no one else did. I even swapped a bottle with him. He paid it forward, so now I want to do the same. But if you insist on compensating me in some way do this for me. When you see a post go unanswered by anyone for a while, post a comment. You never know, you might influence some one like Red and others did for me. And when your standing in that antique store, flea market or wherever, and there are 2 identical bottles and you can pick them up cheap. Get them both and pass one on. I got your pm and will ship them out tommorrow, if your really ok with it ! Mitch

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I will do that. Thank you, and bless all you kind people here greatly. For me it's not the value, it's the history. And now it's coming here and finding people with similar values who actually care about others, not just the money. People like you aren't easy to come bye in this era. You're a rare kindness in modern times.

goodman1966

Reaction score
Thanks, and if I find anymore Michigan bottles at the Vicksburg bottle show August 9th I will keep you in mind. Mitch

2find4me

Reaction score
Hey, I have a John Zynda & Sons Beer from I think Detroit if your interested.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MotherMayhem