Lots of new goodies!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

texasdigger

Reaction score
Dr. Mc I belive the reason we are finding stuff from all over the country is that this a railroad dump. Less than sixty yards from this dump one of the origional rails for this town ran through. There has been quite afew railroad spikes come out thus far. The trash is about 10 feet deep, and we have not been able to dig more than 1' into the one time. All of this stuff came right out of the top layer of trash. As soon as we hit trash we hit water so most of these were brought out by feel. This weekend we will be a ble to truly dig, and I cannot tell youhow excited I am. There has also been an unlisted hutch come out, but it is cracked. This dump will really help to boost my collection I belive. Any duplicates I dig or non-Texas bottles will be sold or traded for more Texas stuff. The only thing I collect besides Texas bottles are pontiled meds. When I first strated I wanted to collect it all, but now I am really narrowing my collection to two types. Again guys thanks for keeping my thread going, and I cannot wait to show off some more finds.

I will show one bottle here that I have posted on another thread, but why not show it again. This is my best dig this year. As far as I have been able to find it is unknown, and a few really knowledgable collectors have looked at it and agreed. One being a cure book author. It is a "A.C. Simmons Med. Co. Simmons Chill Cure Tasteless ACS monogram on fromnt panel".
The maker of this medicine was from Franklin Texas so it also ties into my collection.
-B

F87E04310CF244B781E42FAF0690F0AA.jpg

Attachments

• F87E04310CF244B781E42FAF0690F0AA.jpg
    F87E04310CF244B781E42FAF0690F0AA.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 89

dollarbill

Reaction score
Hey all
The Khan bottle got me to thinking wonder if its the same Kahns as the todays meat packer out of Cincinnati .Theve been around for a long time. Oh the converstion to the hutch is very nice I like it looks very nice .Keep pull um out there texasdigger
bill

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen