Lucky for xmas

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Around this time every year we go to the Washington County humaine society here in Wisconsin. They have an annual fund raiser to help support thier mission. Local businesses donate decorated wreaths and artifical Christmas trees (very nicely done - often with elaborate themes). Then they have a raffle of sorts, where you buy tickets and drop them into a box next to each tree (that you'd like to win). After the two day event closes, one ticket is picked from each box and that person gets to take home the tree. There are dozens and dozens of trees (maybe over 100) and the place is packed with people looking at them and walking around. While people enjoy the holiday spirit, local high school students and groups of singers and musicians provide live entertainment for the attendees. This event provides the humaine society with a large portion of their annual budget.

When I first started going four or five years ago, I hoped that I could win one of these cool trees. I never have. Now, however, it has become a tradition and a bunch of family members get together and go out there to kick off the holidays. I figure that we are supporting a good cause and its fun to get together with everyone.

Tickets are $2 each or 3 for $5. This year, I bought $20 worth (12 tickets). My son picked out a bunch of trees that he liked including one called 'under the sea' with glass ornaments of sea horses and the like. I also wrote oout two tickets for my step daughter as this will be her first Christmas in her own place. I wrote my number on her tickets because I didn't want her to get confused if (by some crazy luck) they called her and told her she won.

At dinner on Sunday night, my phone rang. They asked for my step daughter. I knew right away that she had won. Too cool. I was excited for her. A few minutes later, my phone rang again. They asked for Bob Libbey. I said, "Yes." "You've won TWO trees at our auction." none of us could believe it. Basically, I won three trees on the tickets we bought. That is unbelievably lucky!!

I'm going to pick them up later today. With some luck, Christmas tree pictures coming later this evening.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Thanks Joe. Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.

Here goes another attempt to get a picture up . . . Nope

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Thanks Rocky. And Merry Christmas to you and your family as well.
Another attempt at a pic . . . nope. Maybe I will have to make them miniature??

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
The tree in a smaller pic. (More pics later when I have time to shrink them more).

ADA8D7004C6345708CDB1F4120BA9E06.jpg

Attachments

• ADA8D7004C6345708CDB1F4120BA9E06.jpg
    ADA8D7004C6345708CDB1F4120BA9E06.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 63

Stardust

Reaction score
WHAT a beauty of a tree. I must attempt to finish mine tonight.

Stardust

Reaction score
Three must be your lucky #. Merry Christmas everyone. I just love the colors on that one. [8D] I've got to teach my dog to help me decorate. The tree has been up for a week without anything on it. Grandkids are both sick with double pneumonia. Can't wait to see your other trees bob. I'm going to go and try to work on mine now. I'm in a slump, and your tree inspired me. Come on dog, let's get out of bed, we have a tree to decorate.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Thanks Star. Merry Christmas to you (and now change to a witch's high voice) and your little dog too . .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229