Lydia's

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

maxmusic

Reaction score
here is the C 26 on the bottom. is this bottle newer or older than yours?

Nl29961.jpg

Attachments

• Nl29961.jpg
    Nl29961.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 63

maxmusic

Reaction score
Thanks Warren,

I'll try that next time. I adjusted the quality to standard on my camera but the quality is sure sacrificed. How large of a file am I limited to?
max

capsoda

Reaction score
400 pix wide and 100k tall. the help sectoin on this site realy helped me. My wife dug up several Lydias along with carduii, vinegar, whiskey, petrolium jelly and wine bottles at the site of an early 1900s line house.[house of ill repute].you would be shocked at what some of those concoctions [:'(]were supposed to do man.

maxmusic

Reaction score
LOL Warren,

I had spent years in the excavation industry in Ct. It was tremendous what i'd dug up and also regrettable what I'd broken with an excavator. Usually if I'd see something in my bucket I'd stop and get out and poke around. some people thought I was crazy, but I thought it was fun. I never knew when I'd find my buried treasure,and retire.... Still looking for it!!!!

max

madman

Reaction score
hey maxmusic, from the pix your bottle looks to be bim id say 1900 1910 , yes your bottle is older, cant say for sure about dollars bottles, but my post is a machine made bottle the newer bottle is narrower and the 14ozs more broad nice subject mike

capsoda

Reaction score
I flew over CT in the back seat of an SR 71 Blackbird a few years back while in the AF. Thought I heard some crunching.[8|]

maxmusic

Reaction score
[:)][:)] Thanks for the info Mike. I'd hate to get kicked out of here for stomping on a thread!!!!! I guess I barely made it under the wire with this one!!!! I do think I have some older bottles though, but I'll post them on the appropriate thread! My Lydia doesn't have an oz. designation at all FYI.

Warren,

An SR71 ehhh! tooo cooool !!!!! I've fllown in a boeing 707 and such... and even jumped out of a perfectly good airplane once --- the MOST memorable experience of my life!
That crunching sound you heard was some guy crashing through my excavator window who ejected from an SR71. Anyone you know?
max

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Max, I don't think Mike ment you were in the wrong thread, sometimes its hard to tell if bottles of a certain kind were made before or after 1900. Certainly the clear machine made Lydias are post 1900 while the the green or blue bim versions cross over.

That was an officer that crashed through your window. I was enlisted and along for a joy ride. I did jump out of a few planes but they were no longer perfectly good.[sm=lol.gif]

Looking foward to seeing more of your bottles.[8|]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide