MADE IN FRANCE

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gigster

Reaction score
Here's a pretty little thing. I think it says "Made in France." on bottom. has tiny little glass dauber mounted in lid. I would assume it is a 'parfum' bottle. Can someone date it. Thanks, Gigster

Ax73025.jpg

Attachments

• Ax73025.jpg
    Ax73025.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 73

David E

Reaction score
Hi Gigster, boy your bottle seems to fall in the same time period as Eileen's perfume bottle post. You and her would be very lucky if you found those in a book, except maybe a bottle book strickly on perfume. But I would guess that.they are from either the Art Noureau period 1800 to somewhere in 1900's. or Art Deco 1920 to 1950.
perphaps you could pick out of those two by, screw top or no screw top. At any rate
both are really neat bottles. If they are the real thing it would take an expert to date and give you a price.
Dave

Gigster

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Intriguing. Have since foung another one for sale at an online dealer for $120. She has CZECK? in her description. I wrote her and told her to look with a glass and she'd find "MADEINFRANCE" on bottom. Will continue to research this piece. You 've got me goin' now!

David E

Reaction score
Didn't catch something on my first post, the item embosed "Made in France"
The US Gov made foreign goods have the full "made in" after 1921, so that will help in the age of it. But I don't know when they stopped enforcing that as now you can find new items that just say "France" but feel in was not till recently when they done that,maybe someone else can answer that. In fact when that law went into effect after 1921 they made Japan stop using "Nippon" and start using "Made in Japan"
With that then you should have an Art Deco bottle. Hope this helps more and yes for sure find out more before you sell.
Dave

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squirrelman