Maryborough (Vic) bottle show

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

IRISH

Reaction score
G'day all,
I went up to the Maryborough bottle show over the weekend with a few friends and just thought I'd put in a quick report [;)] .
Maryborough is always a good show but this year it was the biggest and best I've ever seen it, heaps of swap and sell and it was packed with people the whole time I was there (I left before lunch both days though). Big well done and thank you to all involved with the club [:)] .

I went detecting with two friends over the weekend around town and although I didn't get any Gold I did get an English halfpenny dated 1885 and 21 buttons including a Zimmer Bros, John Ellery and J.E. Hogan all taylors from Maryborough and a variation of a Buckley & Nunn Melbourne that I didn't have.

Unfortunatly I didn't take many photo's of the show itself but here is a shot of a very nice blue marble Codd I got with two others all bought on saturday

Ig12466.jpg

The Codd's are (L to R) BARRETT BRO's NORTH FITZROY BB trade mark 26 ounce size, PERTH A/W & BOTTLING Co blue marble 16 ounce and a M.A WHITTAKER MARYBOROUGH M.A.W t.m 13 ounce.

Attachments

• Ig12466.jpg
    Ig12466.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 106

sauceman

Reaction score
Hi Irish
I also went to Maryborough for the weekend. If you could only go to one show a year this show is the one not to miss.
Displays were exceptional this year (as always) and there were some nice items amongst the swap & sell.
I displayed in Sauces & Chutneys for the first time and was totally outclassed, I was almost too embarrassed to put my bottles on the display table.
One display had six sauces out of the fifteen allowed that I didnt know existed let alone the several others I had heard of but never seen. Seems I have a long road ahead of me yet.
Great atmosphere, great venue and great credit to the fellas from the Maryborough club.
cheers
Glenn

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter